HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Parking is tight

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2015, 02:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: foot peg lowering  (Read 99 times)

OlBull

• Neophyte
foot peg lowering
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:06:05 PM »
I brought my new B5 home 75 miles from the dealer...I realized that a short test drive didnt let me feel the short coming of my rider positioning..Im tall, 6'4" and I need to lower foot pegs and adjust the angle of the shift lever...Does anyone know of a readily available foot peg lowering kit or will I have to have something fabricated? Thanks for any help

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
Re: foot peg lowering
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 01:45:45 PM »
It would probably be easier to raise the seat than to lower the pegs.  There are no peg lowering kits that I am aware of.  And lowering the pegs will reduce your turning radius/lean angle.
Scottie J  ~  Bulldog Kustoms Denver  ~  1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer - The Blackhawk

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 01:48:33 PM »
Tho thinking about it, you may be able to fabricate some forward controls to work from an old Harley or something.  Maybe even a universal kit off of Ebay.  That would allow to stretch your legs out without sacrificing ground clearance.
Scottie J  ~  Bulldog Kustoms Denver  ~  1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer - The Blackhawk

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 05:59:57 PM »
The stock foot pegs do have some adjustability. If you remove the nut at the base, you will see a notched mount that will allow about an inch or more further forward and a bit lower.
2014 GT - Red
2010 C5 - Teal
It's a Jeep thing......

OlBull

• Neophyte
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 07:41:13 PM »
Thanks for the input...Im going to do both...

stevew

• Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 08:55:31 PM »
Reckon you may find the B5 dual seat a little hard on the bum (especially on longer journeys) so it may be a good plan to have it re-modelled by one of those seat experts.  There is a good guy just down the road from me but i think it may be a bit too far for you  ::)
They can build it up higher and make it more comfortable at the same time.  As there is a big step in the heights of the front and rear of the OE seat it should look fine once it's done.  Win/Win i think  ;)
That way you won't have to do anything with the footrest position, just adjust the gear lever to suit.

Just had another thought too !  The single seat is higher than the front of the dual seat.  May be enough (if you like the single seat option)  ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:58:29 PM by stevew »
1997, CB500
2001, C90
2011, B5 UCI Enfield
Orpington, UK