HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Dew's RE500 Classic

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 07:02:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: pillion seats that mount like the old fashioned seat  (Read 982 times)

jmiller_2308

• Scooter
pillion seats that mount like the old fashioned seat
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:12:50 AM »
Do any of the other pillion seats offered in NField Gear mount on the bike like the old fashioned pillion?

I bought the deluxe solo seat and I am a little concerned that the rivets on the old fashioned pillion won't look right next to the newer style deluxe solo seat.  I however like the way the old fashioned mounts in that it doesn't sit on the fender.

I have also seen some sites in the UK that offer a rear passenger seat that looks like a front solo seat but that is designed to be used as a passenger seat.  Do any of these types of seats exist in the NField Gear stock?  If not, has anybody found such a seat state side?

Jeff

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Re: pillion seats that mount like the old fashioned seat
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:47:15 AM »
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum.  To answer your question it might be helpful to know the year and model of your bike.  I don't think all the seats fit all years.  Maybe someone else will come along that knows more about it than me.

Good Luck,

Terry
2010  C5  Teal
Triumph Bonneville T100

jmiller_2308

• Scooter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 10:47:50 PM »
Hi Terry, thanks for the response. I seem to be having troubles posting so I'll start with this short response.

I have a late year 1999 military bullet.  NField Gear classifies it as a "legacy military".

jmiller_2308

• Scooter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 10:49:53 PM »
continued:
Doing a search on NField Gear and limiting to the legacy military limits the rear seat selections to the old fashioned pillion and the deluxe pillion pad.

jmiller_2308

• Scooter
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 10:50:33 PM »
continued:
From the pictures it really looks like the old fashioned will sit on mounting hardware and not primarily on the fender; I like that.  The deluxe says specifically that it mounts to the fender and I really don't want to do that.  I would much rather be able to put the seat on and off depending on whether I need it without having to adulterate the rear fender.  Besides, NField Gear already tells  me that the Deluxe pillion really isn't much good for any amount of riding.

jmiller_2308

• Scooter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »
continued:
I believe NField Gear has access to a lot of parts which may not necessarily be represented on the web site and I also believe that this community is well enough connected that they may know of ways to adapt things from NField Gear or know of another source that has things that NField Gear does not. 

jmiller_2308

• Scooter
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 10:51:48 PM »
continued:
So going back to my dilemma, I wonder if anyone knows of a rear pillion that would mount using hardware like the old fashioned pillion on a 1999 military bullet but that would possibly look more consistent with the deluxe solo seat look.  Alternatively, does anyone have experience with an actual rear saddle option instead of a pillion.  I have seen pictures of bikes with this as well as found some UK sites that offer them but I would much rather buy here if possible.

Jeff

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 11:21:35 PM »
I believe NField Gear has access to a lot of parts which may not necessarily be represented on the web site

While I haven't checked lately to see if the (web) store has caught up yet, the paper catalogs always had items not listed online. CMW has always had far more items in inventory than practical to advertise.

and I also believe that this community is well enough connected that they may know of ways to adapt things from NField Gear or know of another source that has things that NField Gear does not. 

;D 8)
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.