HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Poppit

in
Members Rides

64 Guests, 4 Users (1 Hidden)
Adrian II, phoenixt, High On Octane
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 11:51:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Had my 2013 C5 since March. Looking for upgrades  (Read 282 times)

KommMaster

• Neophyte
Had my 2013 C5 since March. Looking for upgrades
« on: August 27, 2014, 08:28:17 AM »
I've had my Royal Enfield for several months now. I really love the bike, and people always tell me that it looks awesome. Except there's a couple problems. She's really...really quiet. I see the silencers they sell in the store, but seeing the word silencer doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy. Loud pipes save lives, and I'm looking into getting something louder, and that will also increase the performance a little bit. Also looking into exchanging the stock air intake for something else, but I don't really see anything other than a K&N air filter. I already purchased  a K&N filter, and it is the one from the catalog, but it doesn't fit quite right in the air box. If anyone could help me out here that'd be great. Also if you want to give me tips on anything about the bike I'd be really appreciative. Thanks for your time.
Edit: I almost forgot. I'm also looking into to getting a different seat. I'd like to be able to take my girl for a ride, but all I have is the solo, and the two seater's that I've seen don't really seem to fit the frame of the bike. My rear frame is all curves vs. the two seater frames are generally blocky.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:41:55 AM by KommMaster »

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Re: Had my 2013 C5 since March. Looking for upgrades
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:08:04 AM »
Welcome, KommMaster!

I know it's not the quick answer you're looking for, but have you searched the archives?  There's gobs of info and advice and pics and video links for silencers, filters and seating for the C5.

JesterNT

• Scooter
  • Maintenance is as much art as it is science.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 04:39:19 PM »
I was not sold on the thump from the performance/sport RE silencers.  I tried the ceep-o universal shorty with no baffle and it was too much noise.  I've been using one like this, its baffle isn't strait through and I actually get some back pressure.  IMO its tolerably quiet at low RPM and plenty loud when I want it to be.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Chrome-Exhaust-36-45-Silencer-Muffler-Tapered-Slash-Cut-Motorcycle-Universal-/181504374411?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a4280f68b 

I like the air box that St. Beardface posted you can source the parts from hardware and auto parts stores.  Have not tested it myself but I like it!! http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,12468.0.html
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

KommMaster

• Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 06:18:38 PM »
Welcome, KommMaster!

I know it's not the quick answer you're looking for, but have you searched the archives?  There's gobs of info and advice and pics and video links for silencers, filters and seating for the C5.

Thanks. I'll definitely be taking a look through the archives, and thanks Jester for the links.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:35:10 PM »
I like the air box that St. Beardface posted you can source the parts from hardware and auto parts stores.  Have not tested it myself but I like it!! http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,12468.0.html

Case in point!  I don't remember ever seeing that thread before.  Seek and ye shall find...  ;)

Manatoc fox

• Scooter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 04:52:53 PM »
For your seat, I just got the Corbin style 2 up saddle and I'm a fan.  It's firm (very firm) but also a good ride.  Definitely big enough for you and your woman.
2014 Royal Enfield Military-"Thumper" to his friends

NField Gearman

• Administrator
  • Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 05:34:47 PM »
The factory pillion pad is the most popular option for 2-up.

http://shop.enfieldmotorcycles.com/p/c5-factory-pillion-pad?pp=24

If you want loud, get the upswept cocktail shaker although all of the "silencers" are significantly louder than stock.

http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/upswept-cocktail-shaker-silencer.html

Scotty Brown

• Scooter
  • Scotty Brown
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 12:16:24 AM »
Take a look at the Lysett spring seat offered by our host --- When I was a young man I rode a sidecar delivery bike over 100 miles a day five days a week with one of those saddles.  They are very comfortable and look good too.  Planing on getting one for my C5 in the near future

KommMaster

• Neophyte
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »
For your seat, I just got the Corbin style 2 up saddle and I'm a fan.  It's firm (very firm) but also a good ride.  Definitely big enough for you and your woman.
And this will work well with the spring seating I have now?

KommMaster

• Neophyte
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »
If you want loud, get the upswept cocktail shaker although all of the "silencers" are significantly louder than stock.

http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/upswept-cocktail-shaker-silencer.html
Does the bike require mapping of the exhaust fumes?

NField Gearman

• Administrator
  • Grease Monkey
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »
Does the bike require mapping of the exhaust fumes?

I personally am of the opinion that if you change the exhaust from stock, you install a Power Commander.  Their are others here who would disagree with this but if it was carbureted, you would upjet it.  Since it's fuel injected, you install a power commander.