HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

More Ben Hur MC Races

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 11:56:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Classic solo Seat  (Read 2803 times)

stipa

• Grease Monkey
Classic solo Seat
« on: March 22, 2008, 03:22:53 AM »
This is probably way too new to be a frequently asked question;  maybe even Kevin can answer.
In the new catalog (#10), there are two new style seats, one is a "Classic Comfort Solo Seat,"  the other is the same style, only covered in red leather rather than black vinyl.  Has anybody actually seen these mounted on a bike, or have any pictures to illustrate? 
Great catalog, but I think it, (and CMW), would benefit from having some more model and styling photos.  I'd like to get one of those seats, but kind of curious what it looks like first. 
Sounds like they had it made to fit the Bullet. 

thanks, SteveJay

geoffbaker

Re: Classic solo Seat
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 03:44:44 AM »
It annoys me that you can buy a $250 solo seat for the Bullet and its still vinyl!

I want a good solo leather seat... and it seems like I've got to make my own (I want it black, and dont like the style of their new red leather one).

O well.

stipa

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 03:22:55 AM »
That's why I'd like to see what it looks like mounted on the bike.  They had one a couple years ago, (maybe last year), they called a 'scrambler' seat, which is like a 3/4 seat,  I think this 'Classic Solo' would look similar.  I've sat on the spring mounted solo seats they sell;  feels too sloppy sideways, like jello. 
the stock seat, (I have an '04 Sixty-5), is actually a pretty good saddle but,,,I don't know,  I'm bottoming out on the pan or its the wrong angle or something, 'cuz after a hundred miles or so,  It is painful to climb off. 
Just checking out options now.

Steve

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »
I agree with above. Sometimes imagination only goes so far trying to get a sense of what a part is going to look like installed. More Pictures!

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 03:43:28 PM »
 I'm back. To save on the printing expense they could be posted in the photo gallery under modifications or CMW pictures.

sirwrksalot

• Live life to the fullest
  • Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 02:27:15 AM »
The red leather seat is in the printed catalog but not on line that I can find.  there is a pic posted on members rides its black though titled Bling!!  Posted by: Nacho July 28, 2008, 01:14:51 PM it look pretty sharp, and yes i would like to see the red one out on a bike and Even get someone to post some feedback on how good it is or not...Does Corbin make one like this yet???  I have been told they make the best most comfortable seats for any bike...

"There are two ways of meeting difficulties. You alter the difficulty or you alter yourself to meet them."

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 05:57:39 PM »
Corbin doesn't make anything explicitely for Royal Enfield, but they do make a universal bobber style solo seat that I'm sure could be adapted to an RE.
Endeavor To Persevere