HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Elvis on grass 2

in
Members Rides

50 Guests, 4 Users (1 Hidden)
TheContinental, johno, ace.cafe
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 04:13:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wanted : Iron Barrel Bullet!  (Read 339 times)

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
Re: Wanted : Iron Barrel Bullet!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2014, 06:36:34 PM »
Funny how both silver ones don't have a battery cover ? :o .. lol . I have bought quite a few vehicles on e-bay and Cycle/Car Trader online with very good results, but they all were from established dealers not individuals. On e-bay you can look at the sellers rating to get some idea of integrity, they also have vehicle purchase protection but I've never used it and don't know how it works.

MandyMarie

• Neophyte
  • Instrumentally yours!
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 05:11:48 AM »
I wrote in to the seller of the silver one on eBay when it was listed the first time and asked a few simple questions about the bike, but they never got back with me. I like that bike and I sure like the price! I appreciate you thinking of me, darlin'!

I'm off to peek at these Craigslist Enfields - you guys are sincerely the BEST!

I'm attaching a photo of my old Caddy. I love those things like I love breathing air and I sort of grew up with that car. Looking forward to all of the same experiences with an Enfield......every unexpected break down is a story IMO. I've always been a sucker for character and a glutton for punishment ;-)

Thanks again for being so awesome!!
I'm just learning about motorbikes and motorbike engines; please be patient with me as I embrace this new obsession! And, I'm not a cheapskate...I just play music for a living, so I'm poor. There's a difference! ;-)

MandyMarie

• Neophyte
  • Instrumentally yours!
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2014, 05:14:26 AM »
Awwwww man....visually that British racing green bike is my idea of perfection.

.......I'm calling about that one in the morning - good excuse to visit some friends!
I'm just learning about motorbikes and motorbike engines; please be patient with me as I embrace this new obsession! And, I'm not a cheapskate...I just play music for a living, so I'm poor. There's a difference! ;-)

MandyMarie

• Neophyte
  • Instrumentally yours!
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2014, 11:57:02 PM »
That beauty in PA is gone sadly....I was already working out a route to go grab that one - it was downright PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT.

My local Enfield dealer is doing a Black Friday sale......sure I just grab a new one, guys? :(

Would I still be able to work on that myself? I know it sounds silly, but I'm taking a single cylinder class right now and I love the idea of being able to tinker and learn on my own.....I'm just getting inpatient.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 01:11:37 AM »
On a new bike you would only need to do maintenance while under warranty. With fuel injection you cant do much unless you added a Power Commander then you could tweak it with a laptop. No valves to adjust either as the new bikes have hydraulic lifters. No points to change or adjust. Just engine oil & filters, chain adjustment & lube, cable adjustments, rear brake adjustments. You could still make custom changes to the style and personalize, things like that. I guess it comes down to would you rather tinker & repair more than mostly just ride worry free while under warranty ?. There is always a plus knowing your the 1st owner too ;) .
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:13:48 AM by motorman2whel »

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 04:53:37 AM »
Yah.  There's not much to do on the new UCE's that motorman2whel didn't cover.

Oh, you could take off the cover on the side of the cylinder to look at the valve lifters and the bottom of the pushrods but because there is nothing to adjust, after doing that you would put the cover back on and say, "Well, that looked OK."

Of course there are a few things many of us think need doing.
Replacing the stock spark plug with a NGK BPR6ES or BPR6EIX. (Make sure it has a screw on top).
Removing the headlight jumper wire in the casquette so the light switch actually works.
Disconnecting the side stand safety kill switch.
Replacing that funny little 5 3/4" headlight with a real 7 inch bulb and rims.
Changing the silencer for one that looks more correct and weighs 7 or so pounds less than the OEM silencer.
Replacing the front disk brake pads with some high performance pads.
Replace the small light bulbs with LED's.
Replace the air cleaner with a K&N.  (Didn't help my 2011 G5 but others think it does)
Replace the crappy OEM chain with a good Japanese or USA made chain.
Replace the tires.
Replace the taillight.
Replace the plastic DOT turn signals with small real metal Bullet turn signals.
Mount a chrome "crash bar"
Change the seat for one that is more comfortable.
Add a pillion seat or luggage rack.
Paint the cast in RE logo's on the engine black or red.
and the list goes on. :)

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

MandyMarie

• Neophyte
  • Instrumentally yours!
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 02:31:12 PM »
Hahaha I appreciate you guys so much. You really are the best!