HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Rich bringing Elvis back to life

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 11:57:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Frame mount front saddle seat  (Read 1462 times)

eda1bulletc5

• Bulleteer
Frame mount front saddle seat
« on: March 29, 2012, 10:11:57 PM »
Hi,
I would like to know if anyone has tried installing this seat that mounts to the frame of C5 along with the pillion seat attached.

The front seat is;
http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/aftermarket-parts-accessories/seats/deluxe-solo-seat-black.html

rear pillion seat is as shown in the attached picture (not my bike but got image search)

Thanks a lot!
2011 RE C5
2012 Honda NC700X 6-speed

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Re: Frame mount front saddle seat
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:51:35 AM »
Installation ? no I haven't but I have sat on both seats.

The one linked to is somewhat trim and of more narrow contour than the C5 stock seat .
The C5 stock seat is contoured a little fuller and padded with cushier cushioning. 

They are from different saddlers but of the same high quality.

I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

eda1bulletc5

• Bulleteer
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 02:37:11 AM »
@ Ice,
Thanks for the reply!
I just now saw this youtube video which shows a C5 with the solo seat that I am looking for, but have no clue which seat this is and if it would fit along with the pillion seat bracket shown in my previous post (start of the thread)

Here is the video link; you can see the MC at around 1:45 and 2:15 min;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0lU7QtBcGo

I am also attaching couple of screen captures of the same video. It would be very helpful if anyone has an idea which seat this might be from Nfiled gear website.

Thanks a bunch!
2011 RE C5

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 04:25:18 AM »
Yup that's the deluxe solo saddle.
 The advert on the page at the Nfield Gear site says drilling a hole in the frames front seat brace is required on the C5.  Not a big deal IMHO. My boys '02 Iron barrel frame required the same hole to drilled. My '06 military had it from the factory.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

eda1bulletc5

• Bulleteer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 07:46:42 AM »
Hi Ice,

Thanks a lot!!  :)

I removed my stock seat just to find out where the brackets are. I find there is one close to the gas tank, do not have holes and the bracket runs across the edge of the tube. There is another one almost at the middle of the cavity that has holes to hold the stock seat bracket.

Where should be holes be drilled and what is the installation like?

Will this seat fit with the pillion seat bracket?

The reason I am trying to do this is so that I can reduce the seat height as I am on the shorter side and would feel more secure knowing that I can flat foot when breaking. I already have the lowering kit installed and still wanted it a bit more lower.

Thanks again!!
2011 RE C5

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 10:47:43 AM »
 The one closest to the tank gets a hole in the top,,,,I will have to pull mine or my sons seat to measure the diameter of the hole for you.

I think the Deluxe Solo with fit well with the pillion but do not know for certain.

Hopefully one of the brothers does know or you can call CMW / Nfield Gear, they will know.

REA #136

eda1bulletc5

• Bulleteer
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 05:23:21 AM »
Ice!!

Thanks!... don't worry about pulling out your seat; I really do appreciate your time and inputs on this. :)

Does the solo mount at the rear to the frame or uses a spring? In the video it seems like it is mounted to the frame. Is there any custom brackets, etc required?

Also, any idea if this would fit on the C5;
http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/aftermarket-parts-accessories/seats/classic-comfort-solo-seat.html

Regards,
eda1
2011 RE C5

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 06:49:37 AM »
 The Deluxe and Lysettte style saddles come with nifty little brackets that attach to existing frame points and provide a mount point for the springs.  ( see gratuitous pic of my boys hoolligan trailie Bullet )

By happy coincidence many parts of our Bullets have unintended forwards and backwards compatibility. Sometimes its a drop in or bolt on affair and sometimes all it takes to make something work is just a minor mod.

I think the classic comfort saddle would likely fit the later frame tubes but the attachment points and tabs I won't even guess at.

If it were me, I would talk to to the good folks at CMW beforehand about ordering one to set it on the frame for a compatibility check. If were possible to attach it with minor mod or bracket work I would do it it and share the info.

If it was not going to work, I would exchange it taking great care to have kept it in still new condition.

I kept a very expensive H-D pillion once that would not work because a cat clawed it  :P

REA #136