HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

my bullet

in
Members Rides

47 Guests, 2 Users
greenie, JohnDL
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 08:34:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 orders, 2 screw ups...  (Read 869 times)

brackforce

• Neophyte
2 orders, 2 screw ups...
« on: March 02, 2012, 03:49:10 AM »
I've ordered from Nfieldgear twice so far and this has been my experience:
The first time I placed an order 3 items were backordered.  I paid $40 for second day UPS shipping.  Because of the backorders, the rest of my gear wasn't shipped and I finally cancelled the backordered stuff and changed two items to ones that were in stock.  I kept getting backorder emails, but not shipping confirmations.  I never did get a tracking number or anything so I had no idea when to expect my parts.  My order finally shipped (all backordered stuff had been canceled or changed at this point) and I received the package a full 2 weeks after I ordered it.  I paid $40 bucks to expedite the shipping when I could have gone with free ground.  I opened my package and was missing the electronic ignition that I ordered, but was charged for it, and it was listed on the packing list.  I complained about the ignition and the shipping.  At least I was given a refund on the ignition and told that I would get one when they come in, but we'll see.  I asked to have my shipping refunded and never got a response. 
Since Nfieldgear is the only place in the States to get parts, I ordered again last week.  This time I ordered a 32mm Mikuni Carb and some other items (by the way, over half of the stuff I wanted to order wasn't in stock, but the website says nothing about that).  I got my order today and eagerly opened the box to find that my carb kit is missing the black piece that attaches the carb to the engine.  I can't even install it because I didn't receive the full kit.  I just sent an email letting Nfieldgear know that I'm missing a crucial part.  Because of backorders and changing parts I ended up overpaying via Paypal by over $50 bucks.  (I again paid for expedited shipping, but got an email saying I needed to send payment to release the order even though I had already paid in full the week before) Again, I never received any sort of tracking number.  I wrote a couple of emails explaining that I had already paid and that I had OVERPAID and was told that it had been accounted for or something like that.  I still haven't gotten refunded the extra money yet so I had to include that in the email I wrote tonight about the missing part.  I hope I don't need any more parts any time soon because I'm seriously considering not doing business with this company anymore.  It's bad enough to not be able to find parts for the bike, then when I do order stuff, pay extra for shipping, and finally get it later than expected it's missing pieces and I feel like I'm back to square one.  It's very frustrating.
2010 Phantom Blue Haze Triumph Thunderbird
2006 RE Bullet Sixty-5 Bobber
1976 Panzer Grey CJ750

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Re: 2 orders, 2 screw ups...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:23:48 PM »
I just orders some items just over 150 bucks to take advanage of the free shipping....I called but they told me that to take advantage of the free shipping I had to order online...I said okay, no problem. .The confirmation email stated the (bulb package, battery boots and cool looking royal enfield fender scrapper) would be shipped but the avon speedmaster front tire is back ordered...If I wanted to cancel that portion of the order or the entire order I should do so in a return email....I take it that the first package will be shipped for free as well as the tire when it gets in.....Personally I don't care if they wait and ship everything in one shot...I did notice that when I started to order online that two items  came up with a remark in red that they "may have to be "Back ordered"..Sorry about your problem..I hate exspensive shipping, like that's going to get cheaper...
Oh Magoo you done it again

brackforce

• Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
I don't mind paying a little extra shipping costs to get my items faster when I'm on a deadline.  I was trying my best to get the bike done before I had to go back to work.  I ordered my first shipment from Nfieldgear before anywhere else and paid for 2 day so that I would get it as soon as possible hoping to finish the bike (I totally changed it).  After I ordered from Nfieldgear and as much as over a week later I ordered various parts from about 4 or 5 different companies...I got ALL of it days before the one I paid extra for.  I didn't expedite any of the other stuff.  Oh well, it's over now and I got my parts.  I just found out that the manifold I need is in stock and they're sending me one, but who knows how long it will take.  I could have had the bike totally done today, but now I'll be waiting for more mail.  As far as the backordered stuff goes, I saw a couple of messages about items possibly being backordered on the site so I purposely stayed clear of those.  Nothing I ordered said anything about being backordered.  All in all about 50% of the stuff I tried to order originally was, in fact, backordered.  They should really update their site to accurately display inventory as close to reality as possible because people end up paying for things that they never get or want to change then you get into the whole refund fiasco.
1976 Panzer Grey CJ750

brackforce

• Neophyte
One more thing
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 05:12:40 PM »
Greenmachine,
I had Avon Speedmasters on my bullet when I bought it, but during my conversion process I wanted something a bit beefier.  I ordered Dunlop K81s from Bikebandit and got them in a couple of days.  They look awesome in my opinion.  Way better than the Avons and kind of classic, too.  I put 4.10h x 19s on both the front and back and I'm very happy with them.
1976 Panzer Grey CJ750

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 11:25:39 PM »
yeah i was gonna put k 70's on but i still have half tread on the rear and to be honest, i have two other bikes that i maintain;  throw in the 6 year old zero turn mower abd well it adds up every season..Of course .I'm just being a cheap skate and every year I do add a few accessory bits to the enfield..The speedmaster serve me well for country blacktop and ocassional gravel road here in Va. ...As long as I don't get a ridiculous back order time from our host. I'm okay with the  OEM replacement...
Oh Magoo you done it again