HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My bike

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2014, 12:06:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hitchcock's EFI exhaust pipe  (Read 1330 times)

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Hitchcock's EFI exhaust pipe
« on: August 26, 2012, 03:24:34 PM »
The other day I installed a Hitchcock's EFI exhaust pipe on my 2011 G5 Classic. Simple installation, the pipe is a beauty. The first thing I noticed was the much louder bark coming from my Goldstar silencer which led me to believe it is sending alot more exhaust gases , which should help improve the performance of the engine. It feels alot more responsive and feels like it is definitely pulling alot harder but. . .Yesterday Bare and I did a rolling drag race with the 2 G5's and he pulled away from me with the greatest of ease. We both have K&N's , He has an Indian EFI with bends he added to his pipe on his cafe racer. I would have thought my bike would have out run his easily. No cigar. Today I'm cleaning my K&N and putting back in the removable baffle in the Goldstar silencer and am going to see if a little back pressure will help the situation . I'm 50 lbs heavier than Bare, that could be part of the problem but I would have expected the bike to perform better then it did. Any input from forum would be appreciated.
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Hitchcock's EFI exhaust pipe
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
Basically, we're back where we were when Jack had the torpedo on his bike. The Dunstall with the stock pipe seemed to run the best and the Goldstar with the stock pipe was faster, too, but  maybe not quite as fast as the Dunstall. I felt I could keep up with him fairly easily, but I had to be paying attention to do it. The Hitchcock pipe didn't help his bike at all. Just made more noise.
Lone Pine canyon is a very steep climb into Wrightwood, and when he as running the stock pipe and Dunstall or Goldie, I had to really tuck in to stay up with him, but yesterday he was gearing down and I was still easily following him in 5th gear. I wasn't even WFO. At this early stage of experimentation, I'm saving my pipe money.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Re: Hitchcock's EFI exhaust pipe
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 11:20:19 PM »
Today I swapped my Hitchcock's pipe for the original pipe. The Hitchcock pipe did absolutely nothing to improve the performance. They DO recommend the installation of their Power Commander to get the most out of the modification. Well I tossed the dice and lost out of that one. Live and learn. At least the bike pulls harder with the old pipe and the Goldstar silencer . Someday I'm going to get the head on a flow bench by Branch Flowmetrics and i will try the pipe again but as it stands right now, I'm finished.
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack