HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

JimCorbett Ride

in
Members Rides

38 Guests, 5 Users
dls, greenie, Jonno, kodai, BLACKC5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 06:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A month now  (Read 2304 times)

Phlakaton

• Bulleteer
A month now
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:16:31 PM »
So I really want to keep my business state-side and with the shop here but now that I've fallen into the "backorder" hole others have mentioned I'm losing patience.  I can understand this happens but one tube of exhaust assembly paste shouldnt totally screw me for a month now.  I could get an overseas shipment as fast if not faster.  So this has stalled out my oil change too since that was in the order too... new filter and gaskets.  I left it together so it could just be shipped all at once but I didnt think it would be this long now.  No wonder my local dealer dropped the brand entirely and scrapped working on Enfields... "It takes entirely too long to get parts" was their excuse.  Now I'm starting to agree.

Sorry but that is my feedback.
'08 Bullet 500 Iron ES

Phlakaton

• Bulleteer
Re: A month now
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 11:21:18 PM »
Oh... and its not very hard to avoid people from getting angry about such things.  Update your website with the current status of the part in your inventory - yes - let us know before we plunk down the money what is in your stock on the site.  "We have 4 of these left"  "These are on backorder and expect a month delay"

Just giving some notes of things I would like to see.  I'll have no problem with future orders if I know where I stand when shopping.
'08 Bullet 500 Iron ES

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
Update your website with the current status of the part in your inventory

+1
It isn't rocket surgery, folks.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:21:04 AM »
When I called in my order for a replacement headlight bulb and a OEM air filter I was told the bulb was out of stock and would need to be back-ordered.
This bulb is a antique Lucas style bulb which is not available in the USA but can be ordered from several sources in England.

I asked how long that might take and was told, "about 2 weeks" so, I told them to order the bulb and ship my air filter with it.

4 weeks after placing my order I called to find out what the status was.
I was told that the bulb was on back-order. 
 I reminded them that I had been told the initial order would be delayed only 2 weeks and I had given them 4 weeks before calling this time.  Again I asked how long I could expect to wait.  I was told "about 2 weeks".

I don't want to take my business elsewhere but something serious needs to be done to improve this "back-order" situation.
Presently it appears the "back order" is an excuse to put orders on hold indefinitely.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
let us know before we plunk down the money what is in your stock on the site.  "We have 4 of these left"  "These are on backorder and expect a month delay"

That would be a nice software upgrade..."Amount of item on inventory" and it decreases as customers order the specific part and automatically re-orders when it reached a certain limit...
Oh Magoo you done it again

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 10:23:06 PM »
Well, I will be calling this week about my primary cover gasket. Sometimes the websites works but mostly the phone.   Good thing I have their number programmed in.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 12:04:34 AM »
Sometimes the websites works but mostly the phone.

Kinda makes ya wonder why even have a website store, then.

(makes *me* wonder, anyway...)
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »
After waiting for over 7 weeks after placing my order I called the store again today.
We're making progress!

They say my light bulb still isn't in but it should be in another week.  We'll see. :(

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:04:04 PM by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
Another week, come and gone.
Unfortunately, the little light bulb that can't weigh over 2 ounces (Nfieldgear # Z90455) has not come or gone. :( :(

This makes the "It'll be in in two weeks." bulb over 6 weeks late as I placed my order by phone over 8 weeks ago.  >:( >:( >:(
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

NationalCylinderHead

• Scooter
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 08:18:04 PM »
I understand your pain guys. I have not even received my bike yet but its now about two weeks after I purchased the bike. The dealer ordered the pipe,seat,bags,bulbs,tail light, and mirrors from enfield they said it would take about 3 days. SURPRISE SURPRISE!!! Two weeks later the pipe came in after several calls and several "should be any day now" WTH does that even mean?? can they not track this??? Anyway pipe and bike will be mine but nothing else no seat no bags no lights or mirrors........ >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( very anxious to put the 300 miles on my bike for break in maybe by then the parts will be here.
2009 Kawi 250
2010 Kawi 900 custom
2012 Duc EVO 848
2012 RE C5 Military BEATS ALL!

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 10:49:17 PM »
9 weeks and counting. 
Nfieldgear says my bulb has not arrived yet.

I'm beginning to think they never ordered it and are saying it hasn't arrived just to get me off of the phone.

I want to support Kevin and his company or I would just order it from these folks.  They say they can have it in the mail in 2 days.
http://www.nutz4bikes.co.uk/P36d-British-Prefocus-Headlight-Bulb

Or, there's these places
http://www.startright.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9508
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/R414-12V-50-40W-P36D-Pre-Focus-Headlamp-Bulb-R414.html?source=webgains&siteid=47684

Yes, I'm being a PITA by insisting that Nfieldgear obtains and delivers my little light bulb and air filter but when a company sells a item like my 7 inch Lucas Headlight which uses this bulb I feel they owe it to the customer to supply replacement parts in a timely manner.

If they can't, perhaps someone needs to study the problem and implement changes to the system to make sure that no ones order "falls thru the crack"?
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »
I would just order it from the other supplier and call and cancel the order w CMW. 

I have never ordered bulbs through them myself as I run LEDs and standard headlamps on all my bikes.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 01:00:43 AM »
This past winter, I ordered the OEM bulb kit (all the bulbs)..It was pretty cheap..Aftermarket accessory stuff must be another story..Then again a Lucas headlight isn't exactly aftermarket..Must be a aftermarket bulb...Sounds frustrating..
Oh Magoo you done it again

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »
Today, I received my order!  :)

12 weeks after I called in my order (Apr 19, 2012) and was told the bulb would require 2 weeks to get it in, I have my bulb and air filter in hand.
I was told last week it was in but I wanted to wait until I received it before posting here.

After this experience I will advise anyone ordering parts to call in your order and if they say something is out of stock and will have to be back ordered give some serious consideration to whether you want to keep it among the things you want.
Either that, or tell they to ship what they have and place their back order so they can ship whatever it is when they get it.

I really do wish they could have all of their hardware on hand so folks wouldn't have to go thru these "back order" delays and hopefully they are working toward that end.

Cheers. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »
  Congratulations Jim ! You are indeed a patient man. Or maybe lucky is the word. I'm still impatiently waiting for my Classic Comfort Solo Seat that quit possibly doesn't exist.
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack