HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

PERLA 10

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 07:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A month now  (Read 2085 times)

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Re: A month now
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 12:30:45 AM »
  Congratulations Jim ! You are indeed a patient man. Or maybe lucky is the word. I'm still impatiently waiting for my Classic Comfort Solo Seat that quit possibly doesn't exist.
STILL WAITING !
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

Eck

• Neophyte
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »
Jack,

Did you ever get your seat, I ordered one last week, no word so I contacted Nfield and was told it was on back order.

Wondering if I'll ever get it.

Eck

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 02:54:22 PM »
Nope ! After 3 months I was told by Nfield Gear that it would be another 30 to 45 days. A bold face lie. After 5 months I ordered another seat from Hitchcock's and it was at my door in 5 days from England to California. If our host cant get an item they should just owe up and tell us. To just lie, that tells me what their really made of.

Eck

• Neophyte
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »
Thanks, guess I'll cancel.  So dissapointed in NField, I have made 2 orders and both have been backordered, the first order I never recieved everything I ordered, had to contact them to get my money back.

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »
 Maybe you'll have better luck than I did. I had ordered a 5 filter kit from them earlier this year , the O rings didnt fit properly and then I could see daylight thru the filter cap gaskets. Unacceptable . After the non existent seat, I wouldnt order a thing from them.

LarsBloodbeard

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 06:14:21 PM »
Just wanted to throw in my experience here too...

They are definitely a very disorganized business.  One time I called them up to cancel an order that I had been waiting on for months and they said "Oh... we have those in now.  We can ship it right away!"  Which leads me to believe that they don't even have a fulfillment queue.  Had I not reminded them, would they have never sent that part?  They have even sent me emails saying they shipped things, then when I receive the box, I'm missing half of what I ordered.  The longest delay I had without cancelling was from June to October (didn't cancel because I wanted to see how long it would actually take).

Use the website to pick out what you want, then call them.

And Hitchcock's is superb.

Eck

• Neophyte
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »
Is shipping expensive from England?

Jack what seat did you get and did it fit ok?

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 10:28:51 PM »
Eck, Ive been paying about 1/3 the purchase price for shipping. Everything Ive bought has had some weight to it. I don't know where your located but it could be less expensive. Everything Ive bought has entered the states in NYC. As far as the seat , I ordered their " single seat " , P/N 91420 and it fit my G5 like a glove. I can literally ride the bike all day without any discomfort. Much much better than the stock bench seat.  Bye the way, they will email you with the complete ticket and shipping price before they send it. They are great people to do business with.

LarsBloodbeard

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 11:14:52 PM »
+1 to what Jack says.  On heavier items I've asked for shipping quotes beforehand, just to be sure it's not going to be something crazy.  Also, everything has arrived very timely (7-10 days).  I'm also in California.

Here's some real figures from things I've ordered.

NEEDLE JET, P0; PILOT JET, 27.5; MAIN JET, 117.5; PUSHROD ASSY 219mm; PUSHROD ASSY 228mm; MAGNETIC DRAIN PLUG 18mm Hex (gearbox); OIL CLEANER MAGNET; MAGNETIC DRAIN PLUG 18mm hex (oil)
Total: 75GBP + 10GBP shipping

2x NUT, 5/16 X 26TPI; 2x WASHER FLAT 8MM; BATTERY STRAP, RUBBER; 6x CLUTCH SPRING
Total: 8.07GBP + 5GBP shipping

BIG BORE KIT, Alloy w/ FORGED 8.5:1 PISTON; COMPRESSION PLATE, (ALLOY) 2mm
Total: 300GBP + 51GBP shipping

RUBBER MANIFOLD, CARBURETTER TO HEAD; KEY, ALTERNATOR; NUT, ROTOR
Total: 5.85GBP + 5GBP shipping

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 12:38:36 AM »
Having never ordered anything from Hitchcocks, do they accept Master Card and Visa or do you have to use some funky company like Paypal?
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

LarsBloodbeard

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 01:30:11 AM »
They don't take Paypal (which is what I prefer), but they do take Visa and MC.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 11:29:57 PM »
I've been ordering from them for about ten years now. Most of my stuff is the old "Indian" 50s stuff and have never had a problem.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.