HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Color Concepts

in
Members Rides

59 Guests, 1 User
greenie
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 07:24:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shipping Fees  (Read 693 times)

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Shipping Fees
« on: June 19, 2012, 01:33:44 AM »
I was wondering as to why NFieldGear does not use USPS flat-rate shipping boxes. They are economical and reliable. I use them a lot and have not had any problems. e.g. Foam grips that are priced at $12.99 incurs a shipping charge with UPS @ $11.99. OTOH a USPS small mailer envelope would be $5.15.

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
Re: Shipping Fees
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:53:59 AM »
We do use them sometimes. Usually if requested. This takes us off the hook. Anything we send without a tracking number  becomes a problem for you and for us sooner or later.

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 09:14:45 AM »
Bringing this back up, is there any slightly less fast/expensive shipping options?
Im really interested in those canvas saddlebags BUT shipping to Oz is $120..I'm sure it would get here by weeks end and is tracked, but tracked 2 week shipping is fast enough, and I imagine would be more around $50-$60
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 03:39:34 PM »
If you're not in any hurry, try and order your stuff from Nfield Gear at your closest dealer. Ask them to hold the order until they have other stuff coming in. It will save you the shipping, you can pay up front, and they give you a call when it comes in. 

I do this with my local RE Dealer here in Tucson, AZ all the time.   Then again, it may just be that they're awesome that way...

Worth a try . 
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 03:13:17 AM »
If you're not in any hurry, try and order your stuff from Nfield Gear at your closest dealer. Ask them to hold the order until they have other stuff coming in. It will save you the shipping, you can pay up front, and they give you a call when it comes in. 

I do this with my local RE Dealer here in Tucson, AZ all the time.   Then again, it may just be that they're awesome that way...

Worth a try .

Could work, thanks for that.
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome

medioXcore

• Scooter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 07:14:51 AM »
What would be the best way to request other shipping methods? I wanted to buy the black "royal enfield" tank decals, but shipping to me was over $30. May not seem like much, but considering its 3 times the price of the item, I can't justify spending it.
2014 C5 Military

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Gen. James Mattis

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 10:01:21 AM »
Ah, yes... Hawaii.

The best way is to call and ask them!  I'd be willing to bet that they can figure out a cheaper way to send you a few decals.

Have you considered azcatfan's suggestion of asking your dealer to get them with their next order?  You might need to wait, however.

Other options:
  • consider carefully what else you'll need and place one big order - not necessarily cheaper, but you'll pay shipping only once.
  • get with Hawaii's other Enfield rider (sorry) and combine an order.  Share the shipping.
I'd simply call NFG and ask them - it's always the best way to sort any issue or question with them...

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 04:47:50 PM »
Nfield / CMW has always been kind enough to ship  USPS ( Prioity Mail) on request. For my remote location (Alaska) UPS and Fedex are very expensive .
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)