HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Another....

in
Members Rides

42 Guests, 4 Users (1 Hidden)
gashousegorilla, Ducati Scotty, Boston James
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 11:54:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Formula1  (Read 678 times)

blaisecardoz

• Neophyte
Formula1
« on: July 04, 2012, 10:50:35 PM »
I saw some formula1 products in the market. Some moderator here have recommended this Polish for bike. But there are several products by this company some of them are:
1 Motorcycle wax
2 car wax Polish
3 scratch out

So what is difference????

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Re: Formula1
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:08:19 AM »
I have no idea what those descriptions mean for a product called Formula-1 but generally speaking a good motorcycle or automobile wax made for clear coat paint has no abrasives of any kind in it.
Applying it coats and protects whatever it is applied to.  This makes it important to have the surface clean and spot free.

A Car Wax Polish also has a wax in it but more importantly it has some sort of fine abrasive that grinds away the surface it is applied to.
It is a very bad idea to use this on good clear coat or painted surfaces because continued use will grind away all of the clear coat or paint.
It is best for old painted surfaces where you want to grind away the oxidized paint and then wax whatever is left behind.

A scratch out is a very abrasive polish made for grinding away the paint around deep scratches.
Although it removes the scratch it doesn't leave much paint behind to protect the surface.
It also often needs to be smoothed out with a polish to get some of the 'gloss' back so it doesn't look like the area has been attacked by a sand storm.

There are some "scratch removers" that don't really remove the scratches but fill them with clear wax.  Many of these fillers don't last long and when they start to break down they look worse than the scratch did before it was messed with.

At least that's how I would describe these items. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

blaisecardoz

• Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 10:05:26 AM »
My engines is loosing shine. I want it to shine again will any of this product help me...?

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
There are aluminum polishes available, but you will probably need a power buffer to get any results.
I have the same problem.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com