HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

The Bullet

in
Members Rides

45 Guests, 4 Users
DaveTheYank, RGT, Mr.Mazza, MickB
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 04:30:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Does Size Matter?  (Read 996 times)

sirdante

• Neophyte
  • My wife and I with our Ural Patrol sidecar.
Does Size Matter?
« on: July 25, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »
I currently ride an '08 Ural Patrol and though I love it, I am also interested in a solo bike.  Like the Ural, I won't use it primarily for freeway rides though in So. California at times it is a necessity.  My question is this: At 6' 1" and 240 lbs., am I too big for a C5 Special? I am absolutely sold on the retro looks and really want one, but will I be able to maintain freeway speeds of 65-70 mph? I have read threads here about riding on the Interstates but didn't see how big the riders were.  Are there any bigger riders out there with some input? Thanks.
Future Royal Enfield C5
2008 Ural Patrol Sidecar
1940 Plymouth Roadking

Ayers Garage

• Scooter
Re: Does Size Matter?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 07:43:49 PM »
I'm 6'4" and 250 pounds. The bike fits me fine, but it is pretty much tapped out when I get up close to 70 mph though. I don't like to hold any engine at full throttle for long and damn sure not an Indian made engine. It's no Honda.
Royal Enfield. Speed limits aren't a restriction to me, they're a goal !

sirdante

• Neophyte
  • My wife and I with our Ural Patrol sidecar.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
Your words are encouraging, especially since you are bigger than I am.  I have no illusions about maintaining high freeway speeds for long periods, but I also have no real need for speed.  I just want to be able to ride in the right-hand lanes safely as I do on my Ural so I can get to the places I really like to go and enjoy the experiences of leisurely rides in the Santa Monica Mountains.  Thank you for your thoughts.
Future Royal Enfield C5
2008 Ural Patrol Sidecar
1940 Plymouth Roadking

LarsBloodbeard

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »
The C5 is definitely made for taller people.  Most of my immediate family are 5'6" - 5'8" and have trouble riding my RE because it's too tall for them.  I'm 5'10" and I'm thinking of lowering the seat just a tad.