HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

britts 09 bullet

in
Members Rides

43 Guests, 2 Users
JohnDL, dampking
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 09:18:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Order from Royal Motorcycles.com  (Read 143 times)

Captwilly

• Neophyte
Order from Royal Motorcycles.com
« on: October 21, 2014, 04:32:10 PM »
Quality update. So I took a chance and ordered a chrome C5 tank from Royal Motorcycles.com to change up the color scheme on my black C5 tank (which needs a repaint due to some scratches while moving). The price with shipping was $280 for a stock tank that they chrome and paint. The quality is ok, not great, the inside coating is not complete so there is some surface rust and will require recoating. It looks like the tank had some dings prior to chrome so it could have been a factory second. The decals have some air bubbles and the tank came wrapped in heavy brown paper and Styrofoam panels, the result during shipping was a sandpaper effect which required a lot of polishing.
So all in all I would stick to the dealer supplied tank for the extra $100+
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:39:56 PM by Captwilly »

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Order from Royal Motorcycles.com
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 12:21:41 PM »
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »
I saw that same quote, word for word, on a sign at the Roundstone music shop in Connemara, Ireland.  But, there it was attributed to John Ruskin, who lived after Ben Franklin died.  Too bad, they can't fight it out...

Captwilly

• Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »
Very appropriate quote!
I don't even want to talk about the "new" headlamp casquette that I ordered from ebay that was spray painted in some back street alley in Dehli and the defects were filled with a different (unsandable) metal, OK I guess I did just talk about it!

NField Gearman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 01:59:35 PM »
People wonder why some of our stuff costs more.  We sift through the garbage so when you buy from us you know you are getting parts that work and are the quality you would expect at that price point. 

Sure ebay  and India beat us sometimes but our parts are actually usable and not fit for the bin like all that stuff.

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 03:34:12 AM »
I had to laugh when I read the initial post. Not because it happened to some soul but because it happens to us all of the time (As Peter mentioned). Both Alan Hitchcock and I have scoured India for the past 15 or more years looking for good stuff and good suppliers. Alan and I cry on each others shoulders all of the time and compare "who got the worst stuff".

Part of our business is accepting that we have to throw away up to 50% plus of what we get from non OEM suppliers. Sheet metal is the worst followed by anything chrome or rubber and on from there. What we have left can be a good value. We buy from people that we know personally and trust. Not that they don't send us bad stuff, but they will back it up and make it good. They then promise things will be better and we all feel good until next time.

One good reason to deal with us is that we back up our stuff which can be huge when something goes wrong. But.....it is kind of fun to see what comes in the package from India.

Captwilly

• Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 05:23:44 PM »
I tried to order a OEM 2014 replacement tank in black from the dealer and was sent a 2013 tank and after 4 months of waiting for the one that I ordered I took the chance on the chrome from India. Next time I would just order OEM from the dealer and hopefully the wait time won't be as extreme.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:33:59 PM by Captwilly »