HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

RE WD France 2009

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 02:34:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Canadian orders  (Read 839 times)

uralrider

• Neophyte
Canadian orders
« on: September 03, 2012, 12:42:53 AM »
Why can't Canadians order from NField USA, especially if the item isn't available in Canada? I would like to order an EFI exhaust, I'm in Canada but want it shipped to a USA location. The site won't allow it whether I want the item shipped to the USA or Canada!! Do I have to puchase it in the UK and pay three times (or more) for it? Thanks

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Re: Canadian orders
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 01:55:45 AM »
Have your called them on the phone?
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

uralrider

• Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 02:08:11 AM »
No, not yet....good idea. It was just that on their drop down menu of about a hundred countries Canada wasn't listed so I couldn't continue with the purchase. It was obviously deliberate and I assumed that for some reason they wouldn't take Canadian orders. I couldn't make it to the shipping address as I couldn't enter my home address (Canadian) for billing purposes.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »
I'm only guessing but I suspect that Kevin has some sort of deal going with the Canadian importer?
That might make sense for a motorcycle brand that has a limited sales.

I know most of the US companies that supply muzzleloading rifle components will take orders for flintlock components and ship them to Canada.  (They won't ship percussion components because of Canada's laws against Canadian ownership of these without the proper license).

Getting back to the Royal Enfield parts orders, I have ordered parts from Nfieldgear both ways.

With the computer method (being in the US) it took my order and, as I recall, sent me a conformation of the order by E-Mail.  That's the last I heard from them.

After waiting for 3 weeks I called them to ask where my order was.

They answered that it had been received but one of the parts was out of stock and it wouldn't be back ordered.  I told them I never received any information about this via E-Mail or phone call and I wasn't happy but while I was on the phone I managed to straighten it out.

My next order was by telephone and I'm glad it was because once again they were out of one of the parts I wanted.  I never would have known this had I used the computer method.

Give them a call.  I'm sure they can confirm or refuse your order and then you will have the real answer. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:47:56 PM by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 11:18:38 PM »
Any time anyone is going to order from NField Gear, or CMW, CALL THEM. Ask them specifically if they have the stuff you want. It's the only way you are going to find out what they have and don't have. You can then have them send the stuff they do have, and either let the backordered stuff ride, or cancel it.
That way, and that's the only way your going to know the status of the order up front.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

uralrider

• Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 11:56:10 PM »
Okay, I'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks for the responses. Interestingly enough I emailed Hitchcocks and the same part delivered is less than $50 difference. The parts are actually less money but the shipping equals the cost of the parts. I buy a lot of books from the UK (military history) and I can get them cheaper from there than from the US and I'm two miles from the border. Canadian and US shipping has gone out out sight. Nothing to do with RE's...sorry.

ridgerunner

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 02:15:59 AM »
Okay, I'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks for the responses. Interestingly enough I emailed Hitchcocks and the same part delivered is less than $50 difference. The parts are actually less money but the shipping equals the cost of the parts. I buy a lot of books from the UK (military history) and I can get them cheaper from there than from the US and I'm two miles from the border. Canadian and US shipping has gone out out sight. Nothing to do with RE's...sorry.
The company I work for had a big problem shipping to Canada because the packaging wasn't bilingual. Go figure!
08 Bullet ES (AVL)
The Enfield saves on gas, riding the Enfield saves on Prozac. ;)

uralrider

• Neophyte
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:40 AM »
The company I work for had a big problem shipping to Canada because the packaging wasn't bilingual. Go figure!

I've been trying to figure it out for 70 years and I can't.

ridgerunner

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 02:28:05 AM »
Last time I crossed the border, you'd have thought I was going through checkpoint Charley entering the DDR. No such problems on the Southern border...explain that one!
08 Bullet ES (AVL)

uralrider

• Neophyte
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 03:04:01 AM »
Last time I crossed the border, you'd have thought I was going through checkpoint Charley entering the DDR. No such problems on the Southern border...explain that one!

Well, it's the same for us entering the US, I've just quit going down due to the hastle.

ridgerunner

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 05:25:07 AM »
Well, you know we have to watch out for the impending invasion from the North. Intelligence reports indicate the Canadians are massing on the border. Hockey has infiltrated all the way to Texas. What next? Tim Horton's in Virginia!?
08 Bullet ES (AVL)

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 07:40:09 AM »
We currently have deal with the Canadian importer. He is supposed to take orders and the either send the parts or order them from us. Have you tried them?

uralrider

• Neophyte
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 09:53:25 PM »
Thanks to all that replied. Not available in Canada, I ordered some things through Hitchcock's and two hours later they were on there way, too bad I can't get that service here, someone is losing out. My dealer has nothing and is not interested in getting it and the Canadian distributor's stock is minimal to say the least.

REdmonton

• Bulleteer
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 12:34:32 PM »
You might want to send them an email. They might be able to do something for you, at the very least then they know what parts people want so they can get the right inventory. It is important to support the Canadian importer. I've ridden with Rob from the Royal Enfield Canada and he is a good guy who would love to grow the business.