HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Tex's Bullet 2

in
Members Rides

67 Guests, 5 Users
DanB, AVL Power!, Heyco, NUMPTY, DonK
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2015, 07:02:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ignition problem?  (Read 527 times)

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Re: Ignition problem?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 05:32:03 AM »
Yes tested but can't remember the readings. No problems with mine. Double check your MM setting for that secondary reading. Hopefully it's OK.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHTPI Police 103
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII
1977 Yamaha XS 360-2D (Cafe Project)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 11:08:45 AM »
Yes tested but can't remember the readings. No problems with mine. Double check your MM setting for that secondary reading. Hopefully it's OK.

Good point.  Was the multimeter on 20K ohms for the secondary reading?
Scottie J  ~  Bulldog Kustoms Denver  ~  1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer / Corn Fed ~  1959 Enfield/Indian Chief

Dave1

• Bulleteer
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 11:20:50 PM »
Yes it was on 20K setting, a triple checked it then I triple checked it again. Couldn't believe my luck. Retailer I brought it from was really good. No quibble, send it back and they will check and exchange and they paid for the return postage.

Dave1

• Bulleteer
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 05:07:06 PM »
Well guys in the end the company I ordered the coil from, had to send it back to Pertronix, because it is unusual for a coil to have a problem and Pertronix wanted to investigate, which is good. It would take 3 weeks, the company I brought the Pertronix coil from wanted me to wait 3 weeks until the out come was decided( a new coil or not ). Which is bad customer service really. As they could of just sent me another replacement coil, if Pertronix decided the coil was bad, Pertronix could of just sent another coil free or refunded the company money. If they decided there was nothing wrong, the company I brought the product from could of just sent the coil to someone else! ( which obviously there was something wrong )

Anyway as I was in the 14 day cool off period, I just asked for a refund and ordered another Pertronix coil from a rival company. The coil arrived today, and tested fine.

So now I am going to order some normal copper core ht lead, and also a racing ht lead with 40 copper strands, which is suppose to have a even lower resistance. Going to order a meter of both and then test the resistance of both, the ht lead with the least resistance will be used. The spark plug I am using is the NGK Iridium plug with a resistor. Should make for one strong set up.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2015, 12:04:37 AM »
No need to order that wire. Go to your nearest O'Reilley Auto Parts and buy it by the foot. Bought 5' for my ZG1200 last year. Great stuff.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHTPI Police 103
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII
1977 Yamaha XS 360-2D (Cafe Project)

Dave1

• Bulleteer
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2015, 10:32:17 AM »
That would be a fine thing, if I lived in the states. I live in the Uk. Most auto parts stores on the high streets here only really cater to cars. 

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »
I'm sure you can find an auto parts store locally that sells HT cable in bulk.  Not sure what you have for stores there, but anyone that sells parts for older cars should have HT cable on bulk rolls.
Scottie J  ~  Bulldog Kustoms Denver  ~  1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer / Corn Fed ~  1959 Enfield/Indian Chief

Dave1

• Bulleteer
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »
I may of been able to buy normal copper core ht lead in a store but I wouldn't hold my breath. The main auto store now in the UK is Halfords. They hardly keep and spare parts for new cars let aloan old cars. Last time I went it, to get even a spark plug for my enfield( which I have done before ) I was told they hardly keep any parts anymore prefering to order them in for customers. The whole point of a vonvient store is you go in find and buy what your looking for and leave. If I have to wait for the store to order it in, I just as well order it through the internet! Plus I don't live close to a auto store anyway with free parking. So I am really better off ordering online like I have already done. Id be very surprised if you found racing ht lead in the shops anyway.