HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

1977 Yamaha XS 360

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 04:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with TM30 Jetting specs  (Read 239 times)

dampking

• Grease Monkey
Help with TM30 Jetting specs
« on: March 27, 2013, 09:25:42 PM »
Hello Everyone!

A friend of mine is planning to upgrade his carb and we thought TM30 will be good for a 350 UCE so we started checking on the net.. but not so sure about the jetting part. I was just wondering if anyone here used them on their UCE350s. For my VM34 carb, I had to change pilot, main and needles so do we need to do the same for Tm30s ?

-Sanket

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
Re: Help with TM30 Jetting specs
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 09:53:20 PM »
Hello Everyone!

A friend of mine is planning to upgrade his carb and we thought TM30 will be good for a 350 UCE so we started checking on the net.. but not so sure about the jetting part. I was just wondering if anyone here used them on their UCE350s. For my VM34 carb, I had to change pilot, main and needles so do we need to do the same for Tm30s ?

-Sanket

Highly likely that you will need to change jetting.
I have no idea how to tell you where to begin, other than the TM  is likely to be jetted too rich in its stock form.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

Please visit my new website:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AcePerformanceBullets/info

dampking

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 06:22:12 AM »
I am
Highly likely that you will need to change jetting.
I have no idea how to tell you where to begin, other than the TM  is likely to be jetted too rich in its stock form.

Yea, it's pretty tricky. I am guessing that 22.5 pilot and 130 pilot will be a good place to start from. I think I will try to search this forum for older posts and see if I can get lucky because I think I have seen some Tm30 related posts but not sure.

dampking

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:15 PM »
I just went thru ebay and other sites and figured that there are very less TM30s available. So I guess, we'll go for Keihin PWK 30mm :)