Menu

Members Rides

Phantom 535_2

in
Members Rides

60 Guests, 2 Users
The Da, ace.cafe
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 07:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Enfield at NY (Javit's Center) IMS.  (Read 273 times)

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
No Enfield at NY (Javit's Center) IMS.
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:04:03 PM »
Went today. Oh well. :(
2006 Bullet Sixty-5 w/ Ace "Fireball 535" Kit (#10)
(Head  back at Mondello's for the "Raised Port" and ratio rocker upgrade. Stay tuned!)

'76 Honda CB550Four K

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understandin'?"

Mike_D

• Bulleteer
Re: No Enfield at NY (Javit's Center) IMS.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 08:46:14 PM »
Really Chuck?  Dang, what a bummer.  Didn't make it today because of work...maybe I'll just skip going tomorrow.  It makes no sense that they would not be there.  Bummer.

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »
Really Chuck?  Dang, what a bummer.  Didn't make it today because of work...maybe I'll just skip going tomorrow.  It makes no sense that they would not be there.  Bummer.
Not surprised really. It's a lot of work for a local dealer to schlep all those bikes.
Just wanted to give any of you local guys the heads up.
Still, there's other cool stuff from the usual suspects. And in two hours, no one tried to clean my eyeglasses for me.
 :o
2006 Bullet Sixty-5 w/ Ace "Fireball 535" Kit (#10)
(Head  back at Mondello's for the "Raised Port" and ratio rocker upgrade. Stay tuned!)

'76 Honda CB550Four K

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understandin'?"

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 07:43:56 AM »
  That's early this year, No?  Ah well.... Crazy not having the new GT there?!  The Hipsters would have been ALLLL over it..... Especially for THAT price.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »
Since, I gather, there are only 2 in the country, it would get rather expensive to have to fly them coast to coast every weekend for a show.
You guys gotta realize that CMW is a very small company in the US, by far the smallest motorcycle company around. These guys only import several hundred motorcycles a year. Hey don't exactly have the biggest budgets around. They have to be very selective about where they are spending their money. Usually these shows are done by local dealers, but, unfortunately, they don't have any GTs to show yet.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 09:06:17 PM »
Since, I gather, there are only 2 in the country, it would get rather expensive to have to fly them coast to coast every weekend for a show.
You guys gotta realize that CMW is a very small company in the US, by far the smallest motorcycle company around. These guys only import several hundred motorcycles a year. Hey don't exactly have the biggest budgets around. They have to be very selective about where they are spending their money. Usually these shows are done by local dealers, but, unfortunately, they don't have any GTs to show yet.
Bare

So true......

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »
You'd think with them being made for half a year now -  and in quantity, there would be some show bikes. After all - it's easy enough to import them on waiver, even if they aren't emissions legal or certified or whatever. You get a year, then you either send 'em back or 'destroy them" (use them for parts). You'd also think the sales potential with this model would be SO big as to want the exposure. It's a cooler bike than anyone else is gonna have at the IMS, for certain. C'est la Vie ...
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »
  London gets HOW MANY !?.... NY gets squot. Wasted opportunity IMHO. Unless the Factory thinks it would't be able to keep up with the demand here ?  I don't get it.....  They SHOULD sell WAY more then a few hundred  of these Bikes.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:13:18 PM by gashousegorilla »

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 12:27:11 PM »
I guess the Indian factory sends then to the countries that have the biggest sales first. Believe me, the US is not high on the list. The US sells about maybe 15% of the total exports. Then they had to go through Cantifordia testing after the US certs, so that adds to the time to get the bikes ready for our asshole greenies.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 12:47:30 PM »
 Well, tell us something WE don't already know. And I'm sure the EU has some pretty strict Emissions standards as well... And greenies to equal the US  ::) Not to mention there ARE 49 other states.  With ONLY 15 % of the exports going to the US..... I would think you would want to increase that figure, and tap into the greatest consumer market economy in the world.  The game has changed now I think, with this particular bike.  It's not so much a niche'... old school bike like the other models. This bike will have a broader appeal... it's a popular design. And that opportunity should be taken advantage of !  Again, I don't get it....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:12:05 PM by gashousegorilla »

gmmechanic

• Scooter
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 09:13:42 PM »
Bare think of this...Tnx to kalifornia (the land of fruits and nuts) we have catalytic convertors on lawn mowers...duh duh...Have you seen the snorkle on kaifornia enfields????GROSS...