HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

From Houston to Jerusalem

in
Members Rides

50 Guests, 5 Users (1 Hidden)
Pickasaurus, REpozer, pmanaz1973, Ducati Scotty
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 29, 2014, 06:19:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bullet Turm Signal Flashing Problem  (Read 869 times)

b.sheets

• Bulleteer
Bullet Turm Signal Flashing Problem
« on: December 13, 2012, 11:01:39 PM »
Alright so after searching the forums for the answer I came up short so I am forced to ask the question....

I installed bullet turn signals on my 2012 C5 and all went well until I turn on the left turn signal and looked at the flashers....they blink in a random pattern, unlike what a normal turn signal flashes like. The right side is perfectly fine but the left side has a "double time" flash....the front and back light up but something is not right.
I feel like I just read about this but like I said, I used the search button.

Thanks in advance....not sure whats up.
2012 C5 Special(SOLD)
2013 Triumph Thruxton

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Re: Bullet Turm Signal Flashing Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:20:09 PM »
Are you sure you attached the + lead to the center bulb terminal and grounded the bullet turn signals case to a good ground?

This is just a guess because when I changed my OEM signals for the metal bullet style I made the mistake of believing the colored wire was the + wire.  It turned out that when they connected the short branch from the main harness to the OEM lights the colored wire became the - (ground) and the black became the + (power).
Unlike yours, when I attached the signals believing the colors, the lights refused to light at all.

I did figure out that the flasher is a solid state device rather than the old fashioned clicker type and the wiring polarity does make a big difference.

You might want to use a volt/ohm meter to check out which wire is the ground and which one is the + power supply.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

b.sheets

• Bulleteer
Re: Bullet Turm Signal Flashing Problem SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:19:32 AM »
an updated flasher relay unit from superbrightleds.com fixed the "Random" flashing pattern my turn signals had after adding the bullet turn signals.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/cf12anl-01-led-bulb-electronic-flasher/781/835/

just thought I would add my findings as I am very happy now that I have a normal turn signal pattern again.
2012 C5 Special(SOLD)
2013 Triumph Thruxton

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 10:17:21 PM »
The other thing you can do is to replace the bulbs in the new turn signals with the ones from your OEM signals.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 11:21:20 PM »
The other thing you can do is to replace the bulbs in the new turn signals with the ones from your OEM signals.

+1 ... the OEM bulbs are slightly higher wattage, and noticeably brighter in the bullet housings.  I will do this when I switch out my turn signals...

b.sheets

• Bulleteer
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 11:50:57 PM »
such an easy solution that didn't even occur to me.
 :-[
thanks for the input!
2012 C5 Special(SOLD)
2013 Triumph Thruxton