HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Ready for the Run to the Rally on the River

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 04:53:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bullet Turm Signal Flashing Problem  (Read 749 times)

b.sheets

• Bulleteer
Bullet Turm Signal Flashing Problem
« on: December 13, 2012, 11:01:39 PM »
Alright so after searching the forums for the answer I came up short so I am forced to ask the question....

I installed bullet turn signals on my 2012 C5 and all went well until I turn on the left turn signal and looked at the flashers....they blink in a random pattern, unlike what a normal turn signal flashes like. The right side is perfectly fine but the left side has a "double time" flash....the front and back light up but something is not right.
I feel like I just read about this but like I said, I used the search button.

Thanks in advance....not sure whats up.
2012 C5 Special(SOLD)
2013 Triumph Thruxton

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Re: Bullet Turm Signal Flashing Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:20:09 PM »
Are you sure you attached the + lead to the center bulb terminal and grounded the bullet turn signals case to a good ground?

This is just a guess because when I changed my OEM signals for the metal bullet style I made the mistake of believing the colored wire was the + wire.  It turned out that when they connected the short branch from the main harness to the OEM lights the colored wire became the - (ground) and the black became the + (power).
Unlike yours, when I attached the signals believing the colors, the lights refused to light at all.

I did figure out that the flasher is a solid state device rather than the old fashioned clicker type and the wiring polarity does make a big difference.

You might want to use a volt/ohm meter to check out which wire is the ground and which one is the + power supply.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

b.sheets

• Bulleteer
Re: Bullet Turm Signal Flashing Problem SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:19:32 AM »
an updated flasher relay unit from superbrightleds.com fixed the "Random" flashing pattern my turn signals had after adding the bullet turn signals.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/cf12anl-01-led-bulb-electronic-flasher/781/835/

just thought I would add my findings as I am very happy now that I have a normal turn signal pattern again.
2012 C5 Special(SOLD)
2013 Triumph Thruxton

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 10:17:21 PM »
The other thing you can do is to replace the bulbs in the new turn signals with the ones from your OEM signals.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 11:21:20 PM »
The other thing you can do is to replace the bulbs in the new turn signals with the ones from your OEM signals.

+1 ... the OEM bulbs are slightly higher wattage, and noticeably brighter in the bullet housings.  I will do this when I switch out my turn signals...

b.sheets

• Bulleteer
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 11:50:57 PM »
such an easy solution that didn't even occur to me.
 :-[
thanks for the input!
2012 C5 Special(SOLD)
2013 Triumph Thruxton