Menu

Members Rides

The Harris Scrambler and wild flowers on the WBDR

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 04:18:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cylinder needed 55/57 500 twin along with other parts  (Read 265 times)

matchless

• Neophyte
cylinder needed 55/57 500 twin along with other parts
« on: December 21, 2012, 07:42:24 PM »
Hello, Rodney here...
I picked up a 55/56 indian tomahawk and now in the middle of restoring the engine. All was going good until, while honing one of the cylinders, discovered a crack in the spigot. I have taken the cylinders out to +.040 to match the new pistons that were in the engine. The PO did a poor job of boring, and left no clearance, and the bike must have siezed right after this rebuild. The pistons are scuffed but still in good shape. I sourced new rings, and am close to proper clearance, and the new discovery. I am going to try and silver braze the crack if I cannot find a cylinder.

Once the engine is complete I am going to try and find too many other parts for this bike. Simple to find stuff like a tank, fenders, seat, fork tubes, tool box/aircleaner, tail light/license mount, side stand. I am starting to wonder if I jumped into a problem with this bike. I have been spoiled restoring other model brit bikes it seems so far.

Any help with any of these items would be great. I have a number of used spares for norton, bsa, triumph type bikes

Thanks, Rodney