HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Rich bringing Elvis back to life

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2014, 09:11:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installation of Saddle Bags  (Read 1432 times)

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
Installation of Saddle Bags
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:21:23 PM »
Decided to order these bags from Indian company as the pics looked very close in colour to the Teal bike I have but of course when they came in - very dark and seller says all are custom dyed and they vary - so - no changes there and small nick in leather in shipping even though very well packed.

As others have suggested put cut tubing on all areas that the leather straps will go over or under or rub on in any manner to save the coating on the fender stays. I couldn't find any way other than putting the belt straps inside the bags to get at them and be able to tighten them up not to slide around. If the buckles are left between the bag and the wheel you can't get at them. I had to make an extra hole in the strap in the one closest to the taillight to enable it to be hauled in tight enough so it didn't flap around and the front one I put ahead of the mounting bolt for the fender so the bags wouldn't slide back when driving. The lower snapped leather strap while it will hold the bag in the right place will not stay snapped for any rough bumping around. In order to make sure that they stayed snapped and still tight even if not I put some holes through the back of the bag and the strap and pulled them in tight with Zip ties. I guess if they were lighter green or black they would look better but they'll do for a while - snow on the ground anyway so :>
Dr B

rbelyk

• Scooter
Re: Installation of Saddle Bags
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 12:07:43 AM »
thanks Dr B
I just got some bags from ngear that are similar
I like the idea of the clear plastic and the straps on the inside
makes it way easier
cheers
2010 Maroon Bullet Classic
custom 1953 Triumph

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
Tubing or some other sort of protection for your frame is a good idea.  I didn't think of it until way too late.  Take a look at my lower fender stay after a few months of having a fake leather throw-over saddle bag rubbing against it:

stanlee

• Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 02:38:30 AM »
Would you mind posting the ordering information for these saddlebags?

Jims

• Neophyte
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 01:28:34 AM »
I'm seriously considering these same bags from Nfield ...do you happen to have a side view of the bike with bags?  I'm looking for scale. Most of the bags I see are too big and baggy (pardon the pun) for such a small and skinny bike.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood

cstorckiii

• Scooter
  • In tune with the ancient line of Moto
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 09:03:14 PM »
Not the OP, but I do have picks of the Nfield gear versions on my bike. The only real problem I've had with them is the rollers on the buckles are rolled from thin sheet metal, and tend to unroll after a month or so on the bike.
With a 500cc Bullet under your ass, the world is in your fist.