HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Ready for the Run to the Rally on the River

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 06:34:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: G5 trying fit bar end mirror handlebar  (Read 293 times)

bergerac

• Neophyte
G5 trying fit bar end mirror handlebar
« on: January 04, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »
G5 attempting to fit bar-end mirror throttle side handlebar. Using correct size allen-key and hammer/long bar cannot shift it, that allen key is in there real tight. anyone else have problems ? Larry
2009 Black G5

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Re: G5 trying fit bar end mirror handlebar
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 07:52:38 PM »
Dunno if it helps, but my B5's bar-end weights were held very tight - there was a heavy application of some sort of thread-lock on the allen screws, which was hard to break, and even after I did, the screws backed out quite hard all the way.  I was a little concerned about stripping something, but the replacement screws went in just fine...

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:15:44 PM »
They're held in with red Loc-Tite, it takes SERIOUS torque to get them out.  You can try tapping with a hammer or some heat from a torch or heat gun to soften it.  I just went with a ridiculously large wrench.

Scott

bergerac

• Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 03:48:30 AM »
Dunno if it helps, but my B5's bar-end weights were held very tight - there was a heavy application of some sort of thread-lock on the allen screws, which was hard to break, and even after I did, the screws backed out quite hard all the way.  I was a little concerned about stripping something, but the replacement screws went in just fine...

Thanks Mattsz I'd better eat more spinach like popeye and try again!
2009 Black G5

bergerac

• Neophyte
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 03:49:50 AM »
They're held in with red Loc-Tite, it takes SERIOUS torque to get them out.  You can try tapping with a hammer or some heat from a torch or heat gun to soften it.  I just went with a ridiculously large wrench.

Scott
Thanks Scott, I'll try again
2009 Black G5