HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Ace Fireball BigHead

in
Members Rides

56 Guests, 2 Users (1 Hidden)
Dave1
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 08:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1999 Bullet Bored to 600 From Dealership 95 miles  (Read 464 times)

magyarmoto

• Neophyte
1999 Bullet Bored to 600 From Dealership 95 miles
« on: April 15, 2013, 02:43:33 PM »
Just purchased a 99 Bullet from the original owner. Bored to 600 from Raceway Services an RE dealer in Salem Oregon. Dig the look but am wondering about the reliability. I come from a Honda background and fear I have opened a can of worms. I intened to give it a go. Any thoughts?

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
Re: 1999 Bullet Bored to 600 From Dealership 95 miles
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:22:36 PM »
If it's bored and stroked to a total of 600(actually 612), then that's a normal bore/stroke kit that's available, and should be okay.
The bore should be around 87mm nominal.

If the bore was made bigger than that for whatever reason, it should be a simple matter to get a new jug and piston to put it back to 84-87mm(whichever you want).
There were a few 89 or 90mm jobs out there which used converted Harley pistons and a real oversized bore job which didn't turn out so well.

In general, if the bike has some issues with the piston and cylinder, and nothing else is butchered, it's not a big deal to get it back to right again. It would cost some money, but it could easily be done.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

Please visit my new website:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AcePerformanceBullets/info

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Re: 1999 Bullet Bored to 600 From Dealership 95 miles
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:22:58 AM »
Just purchased a 99 Bullet from the original owner. Bored to 600 from Raceway Services an RE dealer in Salem Oregon. Dig the look but am wondering about the reliability. I come from a Honda background and fear I have opened a can of worms. I intened to give it a go. Any thoughts?

You done good. Raceway is top notch.

Enjoy the ride.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.