HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Frick and Frack

in
Members Rides

49 Guests, 1 User
bluzman
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 29, 2014, 08:40:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: rea rebirth  (Read 1867 times)

fritz1914

• Neophyte
rea rebirth
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »
hi guys i see this has been dead for some time so lets try again.i see we have over 11,000 users on this forum we each should have a fellow bulletier basically in our back yard so lets get together and form some rides for this spring/summer.so... Ive been thinking about this and thought what should this club do,besides take your money and give you a patch,i mean its our club,lets make this happen.I'm open to suggestions, i understand a newsletter is not necessarily essential and we have this great forum so help me out if I'm out of line,but i thought i would try something.......if your interested pm me through this forum with your name and city state and a phone # i will compile this info.do not send money.once we get this running we can work with dealers to organise runs etc. those of us that aren't close to a dealer can meat somewhere  also.i was trying to think of something to help us all out like cheaper insurance,progressive in the past has offered a discount for motorcycle associations of about 3-5 percent and may still if we can generate intrest in this association,perhaps we can get cheaper camping/lodging rates...we should at least know fellow riders who are close to us,again i hope I'm not just guessing out loud i need your input

fritz1914

• Neophyte
Re: rea rebirth
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:53:48 PM »
not sure if i mentoned this but any personal info will stay personal,only to be used to contact other riders because the map is no longer working/let me know if someone has other or better idea,just trying to help.

csbdr

• Bulleteer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:21:03 AM »
Done...

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 04:07:28 AM »
fritz

Did you know there have been Royal Enfield rallies around the country?  Looks like a nice one was held in 2011, I think it was in Missouri not too far from us.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,11258.0.html

I don't know if this is an annual event or not.  I think your bike probably has been to some of these events.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:29:07 AM by TWinOKC »
2010  C5  Teal
Triumph Bonneville T100

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
fritz

Did you know there have been Royal Enfield rallies around the country?  Looks like a nice one was held in 2011, I think it was in Missouri not too far from us.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,11258.0.html

I don't know if this is an annual event or not.  I think your bike probably has been to some of these events.

The Rally on the River was an annual event up to and including 2011. Then "hope and change" removed yet another of our 5 star RE dealers from our ranks and that was the end of that.
Great rally, great people. A great loss to the RE community.
A number of RE people that met at that rally and became good friends are going to be meeting in the Black Hills the first full weekend of Sept. this year (2013).

Another great time is the rally that CMW puts on the 3rd weekend in June (fathers day) in Minnesota.

1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2012 Concours 14 (no name yet)
2013 Royal Star Venture S  "Jelly Roll"

fritz1914

• Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »
hi guys thanks for the info,whenever you know of a ride in your area,lets get it posted on the trips/rides board. what im trying to do with the rea is get info about riders in their area,send me a pm with your city,contact info and when someone close responds you guys can buddy up.for instace ive had 2 responces so far 1 from chicago and the other from ny state.yeh there far apart,but as more folks do this better chances of finding someone in your backyard...happy trails!

fritz1914

• Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 08:29:12 PM »
for instance i live in panama ok.close to ft smith ar

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 05:54:51 PM »
not sure if i mentoned this but any personal info will stay personal,only to be used to contact other riders because the map is no longer working/let me know if someone has other or better idea,just trying to help.

Fritz - what map do you refer to?  I was thinking about a forum member map...

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 06:30:07 PM »
There used to be a member map on the forum, but last year the forum was rewritten and somehow the map disappeared. There was a feeble attempt to set up one on Google Maps, but it didn't work well.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »
Hi Fritz
 REA is chartered as 501c non profit organization.
Membership is only five bucks. Call the store for details.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 12:28:53 PM »
We are trying to put something together.

Sam
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »
I had always hoped that this would be a member run organization. We are happy to help but would like members to carry the ball

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 08:10:26 PM »
The map was pretty good, however, if the members out there would just post their location on their Summary sheets, that would help a lot. It doesn't have to be explicit, but a general neighborhood would be nice.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 01:41:44 AM »
Plus One Bare !
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »
The map was pretty good, however, if the members out there would just post their location on their Summary sheets, that would help a lot. It doesn't have to be explicit, but a general neighborhood would be nice.
Bare

+2   I really can't understand why people won't at least list what continent they are on, this is an international forum, region would be even better.  Maybe they fear someone will steal their bike? 
2010  C5  Teal
Triumph Bonneville T100