HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Don't try this at home, only ok in India

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2014, 07:18:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Song of the Megaphone  (Read 867 times)

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Re: Song of the Megaphone
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 06:29:21 PM »
Thanks TWin.  I think there is such little wind noise in my video because the camera is against my chest. The case for the camera has two backings to choose from: one is water tight, and one has holes in back. When in the case, the only way for sound to enter the mic is through the back so I think with all those factors, you'll get less wind noise than if the mic is more directly exposed.  I think you can get creative with foam and other wind dampening tricks.

Thanks redcat.  I know what you mean.  I've watched this at work a few times... maybe even crouched a little in my chair.  Winter fever has set in and it's as close as we'll get.  Although, I saw a woman commuting on a bike yesterday in Cambridge. It was 12 degrees F at the time.  12!!!  That's one tough woman.

b.sheets, I do not recommend these mirrors unless you are in need of viewing your shoulders.  They stems need to be longer horizontally to be functional. I do the chicken wing arm up to look under but mostly I turn my head. I like they way they look and I've been lazy to swap them out, but maybe longer stems would work.  Regardless, they are just cheapo Emgo mirrors like these:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/emgo-mirror-oem-replacement-chrome-right-side-yamaha-v-star-royal-star-models/part/EMGO-20-86833

2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM