HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

2000 bullet military

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 06:40:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Royal Enfield  (Read 2657 times)

young gun

• Bulleteer
Re: My Royal Enfield
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 11:48:40 AM »
Thanks cafeman it'll all work out in the end. But cleaning her today definately made me realise how this is the way it needs to be.

young gun

• Bulleteer
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 05:54:28 AM »
Had a polishing session the other day, here's some pics.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ace Performance Bullets and Ace Fireball 535
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 06:53:23 AM »
Looks very nice!
I had to put on my sunglasses to look at it! 8)
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  and the Joe Mondello Signature cylinder head for the Bullet.

Please visit my new website:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/AcePerformanceBullets/

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:36 AM »
Hey young gun,
She looks like a real honey but I think you'd benefit starting wise by rotating the kickstart lever up say two notches on its shaft. This will give you better leverage for a good follow through.
Chuck.
2006 Bullet Sixty-5 w/ Ace "Fireball 535" Kit (#10)
(Head  back at Mondello's for the "Raised Port" and ratio rocker upgrade. Stay tuned!)

'76 Honda CB550Four K

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understandin'?"

young gun

• Bulleteer
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 07:16:27 AM »
Thanks Chuck, i'll look at that. She is sitting on 3000kms now so its time for a service anyway. I was hoping to do the upgrades, new pipe, air filter etc but my flat nearly burnt down so I decided to take care of that 1st :D i'll post pics once i've done all that.

jedaks

• Bulleteer
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 07:36:35 AM »
Young Gun,
mate, I know exactly what you are talking about and I learned my lesson the hard way. Ace knows his business very well and is a fount of knowledge and patience.

I blew up my engine by having too lean a condition and trying to keep up with traffic on a busy road. My Bullet can now do so anything I ask of it easily but this is what it took to get it that way:

Good quality bearings in the cases
An Alpha roller bearing on the crankshaft
A steel con rod
Plugging the OPR valve
An alloy cylinder 535cc
A good quality 535cc piston (thanks Ace)
A 19 tooth sprocket (don't go any bigger than this...18 is likely the best)
A refurbished cylinder head and valve job
Ace's Canister
Goldstar exhaust
Properly jetted Mikcarb
Proper ignition timing
New clutch springs (3 heavy duty, 3 normal)
And about $2000

young gun

• Bulleteer
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 07:51:58 AM »
Yeah i'll do it all in baby steps and I dont doubt the members suggestions. The last thing I want or need in my life is a seized engine so for now i'm taking everything slow. Like I said I have other issues on my plate so this all goes on the back burner for awhile. Interestingly when you guys put your bikes away (winter) is when I want to bring mine out :) Johannesburg is dry in winter so its the one time you can guarantee theres no rain. Winter is about a month or 2 away so thats when I want everything sorted out.

bullethead63

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Run what ya brung..." Paul Saint Clair
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 09:39:51 PM »
I'm no expert,by any means,and have GREAT respect for the opinions of our forum members...BUT...having three running Bullets,in constant rotation,each one being ridden at least twice a week,rain permitting,has taught me a few things...if you want to help your Bullet "on the cheap",ditch that over-sized factory silencer,replace it with a baffle-free Gold Star type "silencer",get rid of the factory air-box,replace it with a "cone" or "pancake" air filter,and re-jet the Micarb accordingly(I replaced mine with an AMAL carb)...my 1999 Enfield Deluxe has these mods,and she has a lot more "zip"...AND,she sounds GREAT...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:20:54 PM by bullethead63 »
1959 Royal Enfield/Indian Chief 700~(RED)~1999 Bullet Deluxe 500 KS~(BLUE)~2000  Bullet Classic 500 KS~(WHITE)~2002 Bullet Classic 500 ES~(GREEN)~Ride-Wrench-Repeat~your results may vary~void where prohibited by law~batteries not included~some restrictions may apply~subject to change without notice~

young gun

• Bulleteer
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 11:56:55 PM »
Yeah that's my plans :) spoke to the guys at Hitchcocks and they recommended those changes as well.

young gun

• Bulleteer
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 07:33:38 AM »
And I just got this in the mail :)

bullethead63

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Run what ya brung..." Paul Saint Clair
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 11:32:54 PM »
Good choice,mate...many hours of happy reading there!
1959 Royal Enfield/Indian Chief 700~(RED)~1999 Bullet Deluxe 500 KS~(BLUE)~2000  Bullet Classic 500 KS~(WHITE)~2002 Bullet Classic 500 ES~(GREEN)~Ride-Wrench-Repeat~your results may vary~void where prohibited by law~batteries not included~some restrictions may apply~subject to change without notice~

young gun

• Bulleteer
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 11:49:03 PM »
Wow! Didn't realise that RE had connections, and strong ones at that, to BSA. Now all the BSA owners on this board start to make sense :)

young gun

• Bulleteer
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 06:28:07 AM »
Oh rapture oh joy! I got a new job. That in itself is fantastic since I move out of the evil sales environment and back into a much friendlier sound engineering environment :) but the best part, no more highways between work and where I live! Only B roads! Yay! No more need to hype up the bike at all. Although I will still do the obligatory pipe and air filter replacement just cos I can :)

On a seperate note, I took the bike on a breakfast run and it was awesome. Nicely centered bike, rides very well :)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military...it takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

young gun

• Bulleteer
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 04:49:34 AM »
Hey young gun,
She looks like a real honey but I think you'd benefit starting wise by rotating the kickstart lever up say two notches on its shaft. This will give you better leverage for a good follow through.
Chuck.

Thanks for the tip Chuck, changed the position and the bike starts 1st time now. Was battling with starts before but this sorted it out :)