HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Two RE WD at Anglesy Abbey WW2 Day

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 02:04:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Epic Solo Putt  (Read 407 times)

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Epic Solo Putt
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
Went out on another excursion this morning, travelled through Wrightwood to Angeles Forest Highway until I couldn't go any farther. One section has been closed for the winter but the rumor mill had said that there is now a giant sink hole in the road and the State of California doesn't have the financial resources to repair it. I hope that its just scuttlebutt because if IS true it's really going to throw a wrench in my favorite area to ride. More to be revealed I guess. I had to turn around so I went back through Wrightwood and decided to do The Rim of the World loop again. It was a beautiful day, a little chilly at 6200 feet. The road on the Rim was in excellent shape, alot better then the last time I went. I stopped in Running Springs for a smoke and a Harley guy stopped to look at my bike . He really liked it he said. I wanted to tell him what I thought of Harley's but I buttoned my lip. Discretion is the better part of Valor I remembered, besides I didn't want to get my ass kicked. Anyway, followed the 138 to the 330 then decided to stop by where I bought the bike. Art the owner was working on his Royal Enfield flat tracker, man that bike is a thing to behold. We "bench raced " for awhile then it was time for me to head home. It was another great day, a great ride on a great bike !
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
Re: Epic Solo Putt
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:08:25 AM »
Looks like a beautiful ride.  Sucks that your favorite route is closed down.  Hopefully its just something minor and well be fixed by the summer.  I can't wait to get my Indian finished and get back up in the Rockies.

Scottie
Bulldog Kustoms - Denver, CO
Specializing In Kustom Paint

The Blackhawk
1958 Enfield/Indian 711cc Twin

Building the 1st EVER Supercharged RE Twin
FULL RACE motor with ACE Performance

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 03:42:48 AM »
Ah the Rockies ! Now that would be some riding !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 12:00:01 PM »
Rocky Mountain National Park is absolutely gorgeous, though I've never been through on a bike.  There are a couple roads that are a blast to ride out where I go camping.  I'll have to load up the camping gear and do a weekend adventure again.   :D

Scottie
Bulldog Kustoms - Denver, CO
Specializing In Kustom Paint

The Blackhawk
1958 Enfield/Indian 711cc Twin

Building the 1st EVER Supercharged RE Twin
FULL RACE motor with ACE Performance

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 05:54:15 PM »
Incredible views.  Do you have hand guards on there or am I just seeing the mirror mount?

I think it's been two years since that flat-tracker made it's first appearance here - Has it changed much?  Good looking machine, if I remember correctly.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 01:32:15 PM »
 No boggy, no hand guards for me. The flat tracker is still work in progress, it is sporting a brand new swing arm and throttle set up and still a thing of beauty and function.