HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

March 2012

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 03:59:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Replacing the rubber bands on a cozy sidecar  (Read 417 times)

Raconteur

• Neophyte
Replacing the rubber bands on a cozy sidecar
« on: June 03, 2013, 04:31:54 PM »
God forbid you get anything from India with instructions! And of course it took forever to get the replacement rubber bands in the mail. Just wanted to share the easiest way my friend Robert and I figured out how to replace all the rubber bands on the Cozy sidecar. Here is the short version: What we did is disconnect all the bolts under the three cross pieces (the ones that have the big rubber bands). You need to make sure you keep them in order because they are NOT interchangeable. Then you jack up the sidecar and take them off. Put the rubber bands on the cross pieces. Spray the tubes down with silicone so the bands will slide on easier. Then you take a pipe or a big screwdriver and stretch the rubber band so it will slide back on the tube. Then slide the whole cross piece with the rubber band on the tube. We had to use a rubber mallet to move the cross piece with the rubber bands to get everything lined up. Then bolt everything back together. It sounds easy, but trust me, it is defiantly an exercise in frustration. It would be really hard for anyone to do it by themselves. Before we replaced the rubber bands I had been using a nylon strap sort of like one you use to tie down a bike. It worked pretty well. Hope this helps people who need to replace their rubber bands on their Cozy. If there is an easier way please let me know the trick. Iíve had the Enfield with the side car for two years and this was the first issue with the side car.               

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
Re: Replacing the rubber bands on a cozy sidecar
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »
WE normally keep the bands in stock here at NField Gear or call your RE dealer. You can get in touch at 800-201-7472