Menu

Members Rides

Jon's deluxe

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 01:57:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1999 Bullet Bored to 600 From Dealership 95 miles  (Read 348 times)

magyarmoto

• Neophyte
1999 Bullet Bored to 600 From Dealership 95 miles
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:33 AM »
Just purchased a 99 Bullet from the original owner. Bored to 600 from Raceway Services an RE dealer in Salem Oregon. Dig the look but am wondering about the reliability. I come from a Honda background and fear I have opened a can of worms. I intened to give it a go. Any thoughts?

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ace Performance Bullets and Ace Fireball 535
Re: 1999 Bullet Bored to 600 From Dealership 95 miles
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »
If it's bored and stroked to a total of 600(actually 612), then that's a normal bore/stroke kit that's available, and should be okay.
The bore should be around 87mm nominal.

If the bore was made bigger than that for whatever reason, it should be a simple matter to get a new jug and piston to put it back to 84-87mm(whichever you want).
There were a few 89 or 90mm jobs out there which used converted Harley pistons and a real oversized bore job which didn't turn out so well.

In general, if the bike has some issues with the piston and cylinder, and nothing else is butchered, it's not a big deal to get it back to right again. It would cost some money, but it could easily be done.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  and the Joe Mondello Signature cylinder head for the Bullet.

Please visit my new website:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/AcePerformanceBullets/

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Re: 1999 Bullet Bored to 600 From Dealership 95 miles
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »
Just purchased a 99 Bullet from the original owner. Bored to 600 from Raceway Services an RE dealer in Salem Oregon. Dig the look but am wondering about the reliability. I come from a Honda background and fear I have opened a can of worms. I intened to give it a go. Any thoughts?

You done good. Raceway is top notch.

Enjoy the ride.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military...it takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.