HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Extra Lights on Either Side of Headlight of G5

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2014, 05:19:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Differences between the British and the Indian bullets?  (Read 1757 times)

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
Re: Differences between the British and the Indian bullets?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 09:00:46 AM »
My Bullet with stock AVL engine,carb and exhaust , can easily make  125 kph ( 75 mph). I'm not a horse jockey either.

I change my dino diesel(15w-40) engine oil every 1000 miles. Not too concerned with oil break down.
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »
Scotty, Are the replacement springs an exact replacement. If you got the wrong ones that could do it. Also you could loosen the tension on the chain that drives it. Just a pain in the ass to do taking the cover off it to do it. It may even free up just using the thing.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 03:44:03 PM »
Bike looks good did a great job on it.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 04:20:38 PM »
Scotty, Are the replacement springs an exact replacement. If you got the wrong ones that could do it. Also you could loosen the tension on the chain that drives it. Just a pain in the ass to do taking the cover off it to do it. It may even free up just using the thing.  ERC

I forget who I ordered the springs from (someone on Ebay) but they were listed as the auto-advance springs for a Lucas K2F mag.  Like I said, sometimes it works great, other times it gets stuck.  Yesterday when I was riding, the few times I checked it, it was moving freely and seemed to be in working order.  Hopefully after a few more miles it will loosen itself up and not be an issue anymore.  I suppose that would make sense if the timing chain was too tight, but it did seem to be adjusted perfectly when I checked it.  Speaking of which, oil is constantly running over that advance unit via the timing chain running through the engine oil, correct?

Scottie
Bulldog Kustoms - Denver, CO
Specializing In Kustom Paint

The Blackhawk
1958 Enfield/Indian 711cc Twin

Building the 1st EVER Supercharged RE Twin
FULL RACE motor with ACE Performance

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 05:23:23 PM »
Yes that will lube the hell out of it. Like I said it may be fine now.   ERC