HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Perla gets 1st place in Demorest 4th of July show!

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 06:32:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: India Visit  (Read 1031 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Re: India Visit
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
The other is our trip to mountains of Shimla, a hill town at 6000 feet above sea level. It was originally established by British to escape the heat of plains.  There is a rail line that connects the plains to Shimla that passes through over 100 tunnels (small and large).  A narrow gauge train still runs on these tracks - even hundred years after they were built. The train winds through hundreds of turns as it travels the mountains over valleys. It is quite an experience.

1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 06:40:02 PM »
Mountain view
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »
Singhg5: Never got to see that part of India.  Pretty much stayed in Southern India and I must say, it's like a different country...I bet that was a fun ride on the train..What is the red fruit in the tree or are they flowers?  I wish I did travel up north but at the time it was a bit politically unstable with your friends to the North.  The toilet scene I could live without but glad you took advantage of the ambience.  My buddy and I took a small sailboat acoss the Bombay Bay to Elephanta island....That's another story...Glad to c u had a great time and the pics are fantastic..Thanks for sharing..GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 04:35:55 AM »
Singhg5: Never got to see that part of India.  Pretty much stayed in Southern India and I must say, it's like a different country...I bet that was a fun ride on the train..

What is the red fruit in the tree or are they flowers?  I wish I did travel up north but at the time it was a bit politically unstable with your friends to the North.

GM:

Those were red flowers. 

It was Spring season and lots of colorful flowers, green leaves on trees and generally beautiful and green.  Some pictures of other flowers that we saw - bottle brush, rose and I think bouganvilla growing in houses and parks.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:48:53 AM by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 08:19:22 PM »
Great pictures and writeup Singh !
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack