HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

At the metropark

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2014, 11:29:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sizing - I know this has been asked a million times and I'm so sorry!!!  (Read 1355 times)

bullethead63

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Run what ya brung..." Paul Saint Clair
Re: Sizing - I know this has been asked a million times and I'm so sorry!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 11:21:06 PM »
Welcome to the cult,er,CLUB,Mandy Marie...I,too am a musician...playing and fixing guitars is how I pay my bills,and I've managed to end up with THREE Royal Enfield Bullets,AND,I'm restoring a 700CC,Royal Enfield-made,1959 Indian Chief...I'm 5'10'',weigh 195lbs,and the Bullets fit me like a glove...my (ex)wife said that the Bullet was "The motorcycle that I never knew that I always wanted"...and she was right...when I was a kid,Triumph,Norton,BSA,Vincent,etc.,were the bikes that captured my imagination,and a Bullet is a time machine back to 1955...you can get a seat with low (or NO) springs,so you're closer to the ground,and the swing-arm suspension and shocks will still give you a comfy ride...there are a LOT of Bullets out there,with low miles,in the $2000-$3000 range...all of mine are Iron Barrels,and I never use the electric start on my 2002 ($2500 from the estate of a deceased R.E. dealer,his personal bike,with 166 miles on the odometer,and like NEW)...when you're starting one up in the parking lot,with the H-D crew watching,it feels good to kick start your little Bullet to life,something most of them can't do on their big new "hogs"...take the safety course,get your license,and try out a few new Enfields...you got it BAD...and you've already found your best source of R.E. info,the fine folks right here on this forum...ride safe,look out for idiots with cell phones,and keep us posted!
1959 Royal Enfield/Indian Chief 700~(RED)~1999 Bullet Deluxe 500 KS~(BLUE)~2000  Bullet Classic 500 KS~(WHITE)~2002 Bullet Classic 500 ES~(GREEN)~Ride-Wrench-Repeat~your results may vary~void where prohibited by law~batteries not included~some restrictions may apply~subject to change without notice~

fxrskrsa

• Neophyte
  • Yes, shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber.
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »
I have just changed camps from riding a Harley FXRS (20 years) to a Bullet Sixty 5 and loving it... as you folks say the Enfields have a charm all of their own, when I started riding the Harley it was not all about how much you can spend on them, alas that has changed now :( whereas the Enfield folk just seem to love the bikes for what they are... Hope you get your ideal bike (im sure which ever bike you buy you will love)

All the best from this side of the Pond
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:27:04 PM by fxrskrsa »
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.

Guaire

• Bulleteer
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »
MandyMarie - I traded a Honda to get my 2004 (iron barrel) ES. It has a 5 speed, electronic ignition, Mikuni carb.

"that Bullet being a 2004, the engine has me fascinated."

For me getting this bike was a 'going home' event. I've owned BSAs and I've ridden lots of the singles. Most of them were alloy barrels!
  These new Indian made bikes, including mine, have a decent build quality. The company didn't overlook having decent electric plugs and switch gear. For me, even the handle bar grips are pretty good!
  See what you think, but for me, Royal Enfields retain their British roots, but have smartly added some fresh technologies. Things I like to think I would have done myself. If you get a new one, lots of special improvements are built in.
  There's a lot of helpful people on this forum. Looks like you have an opportunity to check out Royal Enfields in your neighborhood. Good luck!
Regards,
Bill

young gun

• Bulleteer
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 03:55:00 AM »
I'm 5'11 and on a good week I weigh 190pounds (you guys seriously need to change to kilos, I sound much lighter that way). Anyways the bike (2006 Iron Barrel Bullet 500 ES) does me fine, in and around traffic its really nippy down to the low end torque, it could be a bit faster for highway driving but it works for me.

So go out and buy one, you wont regret it.

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
(you guys seriously need to change to kilos, I sound much lighter that way)

You'd sound even lighter in stone...   ;D
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

young gun

• Bulleteer
You're right! 13.5 stone! I can deal with that :)