HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Delhi

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2015, 03:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Blackhawk Cafe Project  (Read 6467 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
Re: The Blackhawk Cafe Project
« Reply #435 on: April 17, 2015, 01:27:22 AM »
In an attempt to regain a little more low and mid range torque, and to help save what little crap hearing I have left, I decided to put the core back in the Dunstall.  It had a great sound, but shit was it loud.  Sunday, I rode over to my friends house to hang out.  It was really nice out so I wore my half lid, and the bike happened to be running fan-freaking-tastic.  While riding back home I was getting on her a little bit, even broke the rear tire loose making a right turn.   ;D   But, when I got home and parked it I noticed my ears were ringing pretty bad.  That's not good, and I don't like wearing ear plugs when I ride because it detracts from my surroundings.

Anyway, so I put the core in, and it fired on the first kick despite it being 30*F and snowing.  It sounded real nice, still had a nice volume but not overkill, and MUCH more mellow on revs.  I only went about 50' in the parking lot because I didn't want to get the bike grimed up, but the throttle felt responsive and much much quieter.  I'll try to get her out this weekend.

Oh, and despite my primary cover being loose, since shaving the rotor down, it no longer rubs the alternator while hanging there.  So I've been taking short rides here and there until the new primary chain shows up.  :)
Scottie J  ~  Bulldog Kustoms Denver  ~  1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer - The Blackhawk