Menu

Members Rides

Elvis on Grass 3

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 11:16:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Exhaust system and DynoJet Powercommander V  (Read 2038 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Wide Open Spaces = Wide Open Throttle
Re: Exhaust system and DynoJet Powercommander V
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 08:27:17 AM »

LOL !  Yeah.... I use to be one of those guys.  EFI has got me sold.  Lets see... in real time, you can  adjust your fuel and timing at precise throttle positions and rpm's throughout the range, see how the bike reacts, under load, Where and when you want your power or economy, in real time on a computer screen. Then adjust and accept those changes if you want...... Why that's almost cheatin' !

Then you can go a head, and make another map and switch between the two should you feel like it.  Heck ! Make one for economy and one for power.

While EFI is the way to go these days, it's just too bad you have to spend thousands of dollars to get a good tune, and that doesn't even include new internals.  The whole needing a computer to tell the computer to tell the other smaller computers just seems asinine and tedious.  Don't get me wrong, if you have the equipment and know how, by all means, tune the shit out of your bike/car.  As far as I'm concerned MIL's are the Devil himself, and you can't have EFI without MIL's.

Scottie

The Blackhawk
1958 RE/Indian Trailblazer 711cc

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 08:56:49 AM »

"And, your DIY directions in steps 1 and 2 make it sound so easy!!! '" 

#2 ain't THAT hard. Just expensive.  Sort of on the complexity scale of rejetting a carb, with trial and error and such. And as long as you keep the numbers on the fat side, you should be safe.  Rich is better then lean !  I'd rather foul a plug, then melt a head. And Dynojet knows that. Thats why the maps they develop are generally speaking, on the the more safe rich side of things....As we are likely seeing here.

And it will get much easier as people start having maps made for the modifications they make. Then start sharing them. It's much easier to start off with a base map to work off of. Plug it into your PC or laptop, hit send map, then start playing.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:59:31 AM by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 09:42:24 AM »
I thought PC-V would adjust for altitude, temp etc by itself. This is more complicated than I thought it is.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:46:51 AM by 1 Thump »
2008 RE Classic- Fireball

2009 Aprilia Mana