HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

On the trail again, just like back in the day

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 05, 2015, 08:30:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Finally Named The Bike  (Read 397 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
Finally Named The Bike
« on: May 16, 2013, 03:04:24 PM »
After several months of throwing different names out there, I finally decided on a name for the Indian.  I wanted to name it something unique, so I started looking up different Indian names and found a handful that I really liked.  Wrote them down and have been going back and forth for like a week, and this is what I came up:

Manaba (Maa-NAA-Baa) - Which in Native American Navajo translates to "Returns To War" or  "War Returned With Her Coming".  Being that I plan on riding this bike everywhere from dirt mountain roads to running down the 1/4 mile drag strip, and I mean actually running it, I felt that this name was the most suiting.  And I like the way it rolls off the tongue.   ;)   The bike sat for over 20 years and I basically brought it back from the dead.  I find Manaba most fitting because the bike was once a bad ass, and then retired.  Now the bike is back on the road again and even a bigger bad ass than it was before.    :D

Scottie
Scottie J  ~  Bulldog Kustoms Denver  ~  1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer / Corn Fed ~  1959 Enfield/Indian Chief

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Finally Named The Bike
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »
I was thinking you'd name it After your wife after all those late nights with the bike.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
I was thinking you'd name it After your wife after all those late nights with the bike.  ERC

Lol   She just talks a lot of smack to make me feel bad.  Just don't tell her about all the REs I'm going to start collecting.   ;D

Scottie
Scottie J  ~  Bulldog Kustoms Denver  ~  1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer / Corn Fed ~  1959 Enfield/Indian Chief

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 09:53:05 PM »
Oh Damn, I just sent her some pictures of mine and told her you were "VERY" interested.  ;D  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 10:48:37 PM »
Ya-ah-teh  Manaba
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:55:22 PM by rotorwrench »