HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My Bullet 350 in the Kangra dist. of Himachal Pradesh, India.

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2014, 12:54:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Safari-Luggage-Cargo-Carriers  (Read 430 times)

Mtraveler

• Neophyte
Safari-Luggage-Cargo-Carriers
« on: December 24, 2013, 02:32:54 AM »
I know this topic has come up before, but thought it might be time for fresh eyes on the problem. In 2010 I toured northern India on a Royal Enfield. As far as I could tell the most popular RE cargo carrier was like the one in the photo. Now, back in the US, I'm the owner of a new B5 and am determined to have a carrier like the one I had in India. It is not available the US. I found a supplier in Chennai who quoted me a price on the rack, but the lead went cold when I asked for shipping charges to the US. If anyone has found a source please post it here. If you are at all interested in a product like this please post. If there is enough interest Nfield might be willing to import a few. 

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Re: Safari-Luggage-Cargo-Carriers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 04:59:30 AM »
You can find it at RoyalEnfieldZone.com.  Search on part REZ-0313.  Or REZ-1692 or 1693

I previously contacted them about it.  They have it with the hard cases (0313) or like your photo with open side for soft bags.  They replied that it costs $200.  Would fit my 2012 C5 without modification.  Can be painted Desert Storm color.  Box dimensions are 16" x 10" x 4.5".  They cannot ship the gasoline containers.

I decided not to buy because boxes are no larger than the ones I've already got.

Cheers,

Dan K.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:03:38 AM by DanKearney »
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Dan Kearney - Black Hawk, Colorado, USA
Royal Enfield Bullet Classic, Yamaha XT225, Ural Gear Up, BMW R100R
http://dansmotorcycleblog.blogspot.com

Mtraveler

• Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 03:30:25 PM »
Dan. Thanks for the information.
Some time ago I found Royal Enfield Zone and contacted them for a quote. They quickly replied with the $200 figure. I followed up a couple of times asking for the shipping charges to the US and received no response.
Update:
I guess the third time is the charm. $140 to ship. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It sure would be nice if a US distributor carried this carrier.

Best
MT

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »
Yes, seems a bit steep for shipping, but the total price still comes out to be less than $400.  The quality of the product is a real unknown at that price, but compare it to what you pay for OEM luggage/racks for other bikes and it's not an unreasonable total.

When I went looking for the old military style hard luggage for my C5 Desert Storm I couldn't find it anywhere.  Those I did find were only for the older iron head military model.  Just by luck I came across the web site of the Canadian RE distributor and found a set there.  He gets them made to order for the UCE C5 in India and resells them here.  I had to pay just over $400 total to get them.

Sometimes you've got to bite the bullet.   :P

Cheers,

Dan K.
Dan Kearney - Black Hawk, Colorado, USA
Royal Enfield Bullet Classic, Yamaha XT225, Ural Gear Up, BMW R100R
http://dansmotorcycleblog.blogspot.com