HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My new Enfield

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2014, 11:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A New Enfield Scrambler-Dual Sport  (Read 231 times)

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
A New Enfield Scrambler-Dual Sport
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:35:55 AM »
I would love to see Enfield come out with a new Scrambler - Dual Sport type bike. Classic styling, unit engine , 21" front, 18" rear, alloy fenders, high exhaust, full air-box (for water proofing) , lighter weight and most of all about 6 to 7 inches of wheel travel. That can be done with dual shocks forward mounted. I think it would sell well in India and the US for trail riders & rough country roads. A lot of trail & dual sport riders don't want or need 12 - 13 inches of suspension, but want more than 3 or 4 inches of travel.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:13:44 PM by motorman2whel »

NField Gearman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Re: A New Enfield Scrambler-Dual Sport
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »
You sir, are preaching to the choir!

I'd like to see something on the new GT Chassis personally.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »
Tell the choir to sing louder !  ;) . Hopefully the management  will listen  ;D .

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »
If they say something like " Triumph's New Scrambler didn't sell well" . Point out it weighs 507 lbs ! = pig . Only has 4.7 in of front wheel travel & 4.1 inches of rear wheel travel. And with all that weight so little suspension and only 59hp from a 800. That's why it didn't sell. :P

Candoman

• Neophyte
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »
If it just looked like a scrambler, much like the GT looks like a café bike,  I'd buy it!  And, I would keep my 2012 C5 as well.
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome
2010 Triumph Speedmaster
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

Captwilly

• Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 03:45:18 PM »
I have to say that of the eleven bikes that I have owned over 30 years the Triumph Scrambler was my favorite, it had the ability to handle fire roads quite well.
I lived in remote cabin for 12 years at 8000', 3.5 miles up a former USFS road and gradients of 10% which it handled very well and the bike could also hit 115mph. That extra (pig) weight can be a plus on the freeway or in windy conditions.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 11:59:45 PM »
I have to say that of the eleven bikes that I have owned over 30 years the Triumph Scrambler was my favorite, it had the ability to handle fire roads quite well.
I lived in remote cabin for 12 years at 8000', 3.5 miles up a former USFS road and gradients of 10% which it handled very well and the bike could also hit 115mph. That extra (pig) weight can be a plus on the freeway or in windy conditions.
I think the Triumph Scrambler is a beautiful bike and not a pig as Street bikes or Adventure bikes go. But on a single track trail on the side of a WV mountain, a pig it is. So was My KLR650. My 09 Aprilia RXV 450 at 270lbs isn't. Being a v-twin it doesn't vibrate like My KTM 640 did either and with the current gearing it will do over the ton on the street. My problem is My hips & back are arthritic and its getting hard to get my leg over the seat !. I think this winter im going to have the MX suspension shortened by about 4 inches. Due to other health problems I cant moto or even play moto anymore so I don't really use all the travel it has anyway. I used to do Dual Sport rides out west, My favorite was the LA to Barstow to Vegas it was a blast. The AMA doesn't seem to do any in WV though. Even the original BMW R80 G/S was only 410lbs wet!.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 12:12:30 AM by motorman2whel »