HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Offroading on the banks of Yamuna river. Delhi

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 30, 2015, 11:23:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A New Enfield Scrambler-Dual Sport  (Read 315 times)

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
A New Enfield Scrambler-Dual Sport
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:35:55 AM »
I would love to see Enfield come out with a new Scrambler - Dual Sport type bike. Classic styling, unit engine , 21" front, 18" rear, alloy fenders, high exhaust, full air-box (for water proofing) , lighter weight and most of all about 6 to 7 inches of wheel travel. That can be done with dual shocks forward mounted. I think it would sell well in India and the US for trail riders & rough country roads. A lot of trail & dual sport riders don't want or need 12 - 13 inches of suspension, but want more than 3 or 4 inches of travel.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:13:44 PM by motorman2whel »

NField Gearman

• Administrator
  • Grease Monkey
Re: A New Enfield Scrambler-Dual Sport
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »
You sir, are preaching to the choir!

I'd like to see something on the new GT Chassis personally.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »
Tell the choir to sing louder !  ;) . Hopefully the management  will listen  ;D .

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »
If they say something like " Triumph's New Scrambler didn't sell well" . Point out it weighs 507 lbs ! = pig . Only has 4.7 in of front wheel travel & 4.1 inches of rear wheel travel. And with all that weight so little suspension and only 59hp from a 800. That's why it didn't sell. :P

Candoman

• Neophyte
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »
If it just looked like a scrambler, much like the GT looks like a café bike,  I'd buy it!  And, I would keep my 2012 C5 as well.
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome
2010 Triumph Speedmaster
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

Captwilly

• Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 03:45:18 PM »
I have to say that of the eleven bikes that I have owned over 30 years the Triumph Scrambler was my favorite, it had the ability to handle fire roads quite well.
I lived in remote cabin for 12 years at 8000', 3.5 miles up a former USFS road and gradients of 10% which it handled very well and the bike could also hit 115mph. That extra (pig) weight can be a plus on the freeway or in windy conditions.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 11:59:45 PM »
I have to say that of the eleven bikes that I have owned over 30 years the Triumph Scrambler was my favorite, it had the ability to handle fire roads quite well.
I lived in remote cabin for 12 years at 8000', 3.5 miles up a former USFS road and gradients of 10% which it handled very well and the bike could also hit 115mph. That extra (pig) weight can be a plus on the freeway or in windy conditions.
I think the Triumph Scrambler is a beautiful bike and not a pig as Street bikes or Adventure bikes go. But on a single track trail on the side of a WV mountain, a pig it is. So was My KLR650. My 09 Aprilia RXV 450 at 270lbs isn't. Being a v-twin it doesn't vibrate like My KTM 640 did either and with the current gearing it will do over the ton on the street. My problem is My hips & back are arthritic and its getting hard to get my leg over the seat !. I think this winter im going to have the MX suspension shortened by about 4 inches. Due to other health problems I cant moto or even play moto anymore so I don't really use all the travel it has anyway. I used to do Dual Sport rides out west, My favorite was the LA to Barstow to Vegas it was a blast. The AMA doesn't seem to do any in WV though. Even the original BMW R80 G/S was only 410lbs wet!.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 12:12:30 AM by motorman2whel »