HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

B5 in the driveway

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 01:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Saddlebag Bracket for C5  (Read 772 times)

kcRoyal

• KC Royal
  • Neophyte
Saddlebag Bracket for C5
« on: May 20, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
As many may have experienced, trying to attach saddlebags on a C5, is somewhat tricky. Mostly due to the fender stays that get in the way and cause the bottom of the bags to extend way away from the center of the bike. It would be nice to see an attachment that would allow for any saddlebag to be "cleanly" mounted to the classic C5 without them looking like they were just thrown on with duck-tape and ball bearings.
2012 C5 Classic Chrome

Buckeroo

• Bulleteer
Re: Saddlebag Bracket for C5
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 02:47:56 AM »
I'd like to see hard bags for this bike that didn't look like WW2 gas cans.  The soft bags just are too saggy for my liking. Not too secure either.
This bike was stored for 3.5 years.  It had fallen on its side for awhile. I claimed it about a year and a half ago. Thus the low miles and inexperienced owner.
2008 Bullet Electra Classic 500
Classic Frame and AVL motor
Electric Start
Electronic Ignition
5 speed
CV Carb

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 12:34:17 PM »
Get some and mount them yourself, like Karin Eibenberger and her husband did when they rode their Enfields to Iceland (you know what I mean!):

I seem to remember a site somewhere where she detailed the construction of the luggage brackets, but I can't find it now.

Here's some ride report stuff (with a few dead photo links):

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489726

... and her photo blog:

http://krian.smugmug.com/Adventure/Motorcycles/Royal-Enfield-500/23825051_p59R82#!i=652354191&k=qn9zQtJ

Buckeroo

• Bulleteer
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 11:26:19 PM »
Thank you for the links.  I saw this picture else where and have lusted, but with no reference as to where it came.  I have searched for a comparable solution and frame similar to the RE that I have.  I knew that I would have to modify.  I have seen the metal Mule boxes, but the price is a little high for me.  Though I know those aluminum boxes are not cheap.
This bike was stored for 3.5 years.  It had fallen on its side for awhile. I claimed it about a year and a half ago. Thus the low miles and inexperienced owner.
2008 Bullet Electra Classic 500
Classic Frame and AVL motor
Electric Start
Electronic Ignition
5 speed
CV Carb