HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Mt ride 2

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 11:30:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New NField Gear Store Improvements  (Read 43 times)

NField Gearman

• Administrator
  • Scooter
New NField Gear Store Improvements
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:34:10 PM »
I can't say that today's announcement will be a new cool part (although I still have plenty of those to photograph and get on the website) I did start something that I hope will make shopping easier for everyone.

I'm slowly beginning the process of having all the parts and accessories being listed by what model they fit.  So you just select your model, and everything in the following categories will fit that model. 

This is a massive undertaking as I not only have to setup a complete dedicated section of the store for each model (which will include a splash page showing the model and it's identifying characteristics), but I have to go through each and every part and figure out exactly what it fits and get it listed in those sub-categories.

So it's definitely not ready for prime-time, but I did take a screen shot of how it will look and what the more simplified categories I've created will eventually look like.

I'm awfully excited about this as I wholly intend for it to be a definitive resource as to what will and will-not fit on your Royal Enfield.

I don't have a guess as to when it will be live yet but I will continue working on it in-between photographing and listing all the great new parts we keep getting in.

Let me know what you think!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Re: New NField Gear Store Improvements
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 11:21:07 PM »
Gearman -

Make it so!  Those other guys (rhymes with pitch rocks) have a clear and concise listing for every part, of which bike it fits.  But a complete listing of everything that fits a particular bike model only would truly be the bees knees!

bluesdaddy2

• Bulleteer
Re: New NField Gear Store Improvements
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 12:26:12 PM »
Let me know what you think!

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done"  :-\ ,
Peter, I'm not sure how true that is for you but from this side of the web page it looks like a pretty daunting task and it will be much appreciated, Thanks. ;)
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY