HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Another view.

in
Members Rides

49 Guests, 2 Users
mattsz, young gun
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 11:59:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Newbie Needs Advice  (Read 88 times)

The Wife

• Neophyte
The Newbie Needs Advice
« on: November 16, 2014, 05:42:14 PM »
2 issues:

1.  Bought bike with broken tail light.  IT was SO CUTE, I couldn't resist it!   Need replacement parts.  Would like to keep the OEM look.  Picture below...any advice on part numbers?  I need the left blinker in its entirety and the taillight.  I do not need the mounting plate.

2.  Has anybody changed sprockets to reduce the buzz at top speed?  We did this on my beloved TW, and it worked like a dream.  It looks like the back sprocket cannot go down at all because of the brake drum.  As such, the front would have to increase a tooth or two.  Advice? 

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 Royal Maroon C5 Special
Re: The Newbie Needs Advice
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »
Hi Wife, congrats on your bike and welcome to the boards.  :D

Looks like you have an AVL. Did you get a Parts and Accessories book with it? If so, the correct part #s would be in there for you, assuming NField Gear has them in stock. Your best bet is to give them a call and check availability and price, but I'm betting Tim or Gary will help you get what you need, including advice on a correct sprocket. While on the phone it wouldn't hurt to ask for the latest catalogue, too.
Rather than have a homeless person for the holidays, I decided to stick with ham.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »
NFG's lighting page:

http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/aftermarket-parts-accessories/electrical-lighting/lighting.html?limit=all

Hitchcocks in England has a more complete selection, and would probably have what you're after, too...

http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-electrics-lighting

Lots of guys switch out their turn signals - somebody here might have one lying around they could give you...

As for the sprocket change - it's easy to change the front drive sprocket.  The pros and cons for the UCE's have been thoroughly hashed out - some find that it makes higher speeds a little more comfortable, at the minimal expense of off-the-line get-up-and-go.

I haven't heard much talk about the same for the older models...

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 07:10:10 PM »
I've got a couple of AVL style turn signals laying around. Pm me if interested. our hosts should have a replacement taillight lens. Give them a call.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 01:18:38 AM »
If you just want to stay with stock your local dealer may have them or they can order them. NField Gear has stock parts and aftermarket custom type tail lights. The custom stuff will require some minor drilling and or wiring but nothing too hard. Same with the turn signals. That's a nice thing about Bullets they are easily customized to your taste & liking. The favorite tail lights are probably the "Bee Hive", The Tombstone" "The STOP" and "The Lucas" styles. in no particular order plus many more. You could look thru the forum Photo Gallery to see some you might like on a bike. It looks like the rear fender may be pushed to one side too, the hubby can probably muscle it back over with his hands while you hold the bike.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:29:50 AM by motorman2whel »

NField Gearman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 02:59:58 PM »
That tail light is actually made of unobtainium.  We have been scouring the earth for years trying to find a suitable replacement but have so far come up empty handed.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 05:28:40 PM »
That tail light is actually made of unobtainium.  We have been scouring the earth for years trying to find a suitable replacement but have so far come up empty handed.
WOW :o , Maybe a forum member has a stock one they removed to customize their Bullet they would sell, if you want to stay stock.