HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

RE Bullet 500 EFI DL

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 08:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Try Our New Beta Store!  (Read 15047 times)

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Re: Try Our New Beta Store!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »
From the "Featured Product"  area on the store homepage, clicking on any of the "browse all" leads to a page not found. Also, will there be reviews of products?

Thanks, deejay. Some of our rewrites weren't working on those links  :-[. They should be all set now. Yes - reviews were a major item for this store, so any registered member can review and share their experience with products.
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.enfieldmotorcycles.com
www.royalenfieldusa.com

chris-bartlett

• Bulleteer
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 06:51:39 AM »
I'd like to see some measurements included on the items. It's tough to tell, for instance,how big turn signals are, how wide the steel side carrier frames are, etc.

As a new buyer, I'd also like to see more views of the bike models on the main site: shot from behind, closeup, instrument details, etc. 10-15 photos would make it easier to choose what bike is right for me.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 01:54:26 PM by chris-bartlett »

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 05:41:58 PM »
I'd like to see some measurements included on the items. It's tough to tell, for instance,how big turn signals are, how wide the steel side carrier frames are, etc.

This is very good idea. There are a lot of products in a queue here for new product photography. I'll try and see if we can start taking reference measurements as part of the same cycle and adding that information to the store as well.

As a new buyer, I'd also like to see more views of the bike models on the main site: shot from behind, closeup, instrument details, etc. 10-15 photos would make it easier to choose what bike is right for me.

This is another really good idea. I think we're a little under-photographed for our bikes on the site, too... the trouble usually has been that they're large and difficult to handle so to get really good nice shots the transportation, prep and studio costs are surprisingly high compared to smaller widgets and studio sessions are difficult to coordinate, especially for turntable shots.

We're starting to get creative here as to what we can do in our own makeshift studio and we're also working to coordinate and share some of these efforts with Royal Enfield Motors, so I think it's safe to say that you'll see cool new shots and material here in the not-too-distant future.
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.royalenfieldusa.com

deejay

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »
We're starting to get creative here as to what we can do in our own makeshift studio and we're also working to coordinate and share some of these efforts with Royal Enfield Motors, so I think it's safe to say that you'll see cool new shots and material here in the not-too-distant future.

You can get great "studio" results by simply taking photographs of products on an overcast day outside. No sun, limited shadows, the lighting is perfect. Get some large sheets of white paper to place product on and you're golden. This is what I did when I worked at a not-so-wealthy design studio back a few years ago.

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 06:20:10 PM »
really like the new store look, though it could use a user review option. it's nice to hear other's opinions on product so i can make a more informed decision.

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 06:36:09 PM »
really like the new store look, though it could use a user review option. it's nice to hear other's opinions on product so i can make a more informed decision.

:) Thanks

I'm happy to say that we do have user review system on the new store. There is a link to the product reviews on each item detail page. Visitors (including guests without a store account) can submit reviews.
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.royalenfieldusa.com

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
You can get great "studio" results by simply taking photographs of products on an overcast day outside. No sun, limited shadows, the lighting is perfect. Get some large sheets of white paper to place product on and you're golden. This is what I did when I worked at a not-so-wealthy design studio back a few years ago.

This is a good way to go. We've followed a similar game plan for a few recent bike shots - especially ones with limited runs - like the Electra Classic (Machismo Kit) bike we featured a while back. We've had some good luck doing indoor shooting, too just by controlling lighting in our showroom and using an isolated background.

Creating a large enough background area for shooting motorcycles can be difficult, though - even with a smaller bike like the Enfield!

In a way, we've tasted the forbidden fruit, though. All of these options seem to pale in comparison to the "real" studio shots with perfect lighting on every piece composited together from several shots, beautiful polished reflections on chrome and paint alike and the extraordinary 32 megapixel capture size from the crane cameras.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:44:59 PM by CMW-Rhett »
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.royalenfieldusa.com

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
We often times have to laugh at ourselves. Some of our  pictures are old and really need to be replaced. The sidecar cover is perhaps the best example

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 07:01:04 PM »
We often times have to laugh at ourselves. Some of our  pictures are old and really need to be replaced. The sidecar cover is perhaps the best example

The sidecar cover is the ultimate example.
However here I am not laughing. I am crying.  :'(

The story here is essentially that a few years ago, someone went and grabbed a picture of the cover on one of our sidecar rigs inside the Royal Enfield show trailer. Mind you, they did this without even troubling to move the Honda that was parked not only in-frame - but in the way!!

Somehow, some way, this picture has never died. Much to my chagrin and everyone else's amusement, it remains to this day the picture that we published in the catalog for the sidecar cover.

For reference, the picture is here in all it's 0.2 megapixel glory: Sidecar Cover
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 07:09:28 PM by CMW-Rhett »
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.royalenfieldusa.com

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 07:19:05 PM »
:) Thanks

I'm happy to say that we do have user review system on the new store. There is a link to the product reviews on each item detail page. Visitors (including guests without a store account) can submit reviews.
oops, you're right. i missed that. perhaps what i meant was a more visible option, perhaps with a star rating system that gives a general impression on the products, or even better, a couple of the reviews right below the entry for immediate perusal.

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 07:27:39 PM »
oops, you're right. i missed that. perhaps what i meant was a more visible option, perhaps with a star rating system that gives a general impression on the products, or even better, a couple of the reviews right below the entry for immediate perusal.

That's a good idea. I started looking at how we could make the reviews feature more visible after your post. You're not the first person to miss it at first glance.

A star rating system is a good idea, too. Everyone likes to have an at-a-glace way to eyeball the popular opinion of a product. I'll see what we can do.
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.royalenfieldusa.com

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 11:15:07 PM »
I liked the store. I had a few things to order so I gave it a try; simple. Then I tried to find just a simple oil filter...   only 5 pak set available. Even did a search: oil filter
came back not available...  in an attempt to simplify you'd think I would be able to buy just 1 oil filter.
                                   - Mike
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!! "
        -Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 02:29:09 PM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for trying out the new store.

I'm not sure what happened with the oil filters while you were looking. I tried the same search for "oil filter" but I got them back right away - first two results:

http://store.royalenfieldusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=oil+filter&x=0&y=0

We've got thousands of them in the warehouse, too. I really can't explain why the might have been unavailable during your search.  :-\
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.royalenfieldusa.com

erob123

• Bulleteer
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 02:16:26 PM »
Can you help me out?  I open new online store html and logged in.  I have a different shipping address from my billing address.  But when I edit one it changes both.  You show them separated and under each is edit address but again either one I pick and edit it changes both.  Is it a glitch or am I doing something wrong.  Please advise, Thanks, Eric

erob123

• Bulleteer
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 01:28:47 PM »
Thanks to CMW Tim there is problem with Edit Address and Change Billing/Shipping Address under each one shown.  To Edit only use Manage Addresses and Add New Address, then delete old.  Thanks CMW