HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

2000 Bullet

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 07:53:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electra X Accessories  (Read 1861 times)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Electra X Accessories
« on: June 10, 2008, 11:14:43 AM »
Here are the Electra X accessories that I'd like to see available. Basically, I'd like to see more variety of accessories as they are available for the Classics. Perhaps Classic-styled components that fit the new AVL-models can be fittted and made available for the Electras as well.
1) Battery relocation kit: like the Classic kit, to relocate the battery to the center, by the downtube.
2) Classic-style sidecovers and boxes: Sidecovers that can be placed further back like on the Classics, and square boxes for the toolbox and airbox.
3) Fender options: different front and rear fenders (and corresponding brackets) as are offered for the Classics
4) Turn signals: more optional (and DOT-approved) bullet turn signals
5) Bar-end mirrors: Bar-ends that fit the threaded plugs in the Electra's handlebars
6) Solo saddles
7) Rear-frame rail removal kit (for use with solo saddles and rear fenders).
8) Rear-sets and clubman bars ('fake' clip-ons).
9) Gas tanks: a variety of gas tanks as are available for the Classics.

Matt

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Re: Electra X Accessories
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 01:13:40 PM »
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the input! These are all really good ideas. Kevin and Jim stop by the forum frequently but I'll definitely share your list here with the rest of the parts crew.

Basically, I'd like to see more variety of accessories as they are available for the Classics. Perhaps Classic-styled components that fit the new AVL-models can be fittted and made available for the Electras as well.

Broadening our Electra-ready selection is definitely something we're working on, and this will be especially strong as we move to an all-AVL line in 2009. I think the main reason we carry so many more products for the Classic-based models right now is simply that we've had quite a few more years to accumulate them.

We'll continue to carry parts and accessories for Classic Iron-barrels for quite some time, to be sure, but I think you'll be seeing even bigger growth from us in the Electra and AVL accessory lines in the next couple catalog years.
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.enfieldmotorcycles.com
www.royalenfieldusa.com

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 08:24:06 PM »
I agree with thumper about the need for a conversion kit for the rear fender sub-frame. It sure would look better without that thing. I wonder if the sam stays as are used on the classic could be used.

One more thing to add to that list: A simple highway peg setup. I have seen these in JC Whitney, but don't want to buy one and then find out it doesn't work.

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 04:56:22 PM »
One more thing to add to that list: A simple highway peg setup. I have seen these in JC Whitney, but don't want to buy one and then find out it doesn't work.

This is a good suggestion. Could you post a link to the pegs you like at Whitney? I'll plant the seed with our parts guys.
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.royalenfieldusa.com

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 06:20:51 PM »
http://www.jcwhitney.com/MOTOR-MOUNT-FOLD-UP-HIGHWAY-BARS-AND-PEGS/GP_2002602_N_111+10211+600014756_10111.jcw

I think this is the one I was looking at, but I have no idea if it would work and I don't want to waste money and time.

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »
http://www.jcwhitney.com/MOTOR-MOUNT-FOLD-UP-HIGHWAY-BARS-AND-PEGS/GP_2002602_N_111+10211+600014756_10111.jcw

I think this is the one I was looking at, but I have no idea if it would work and I don't want to waste money and time.
Thanks! I'll see if I can have our guys take a look.
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.royalenfieldusa.com