HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

It's a good lookin' bike...

in
Members Rides

58 Guests, 1 User
dviscusi
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 07:25:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Luggage rack/pillion seat  (Read 3838 times)

Jerry

• Scooter
Luggage rack/pillion seat
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:51:11 AM »
Be aware that the luggage rack/pillion seat in the catalogue is not a direct bolt on for the Military.  At least it wasn't on mine.  The wider rear fender left no room for the nuts that hold the new shock mounting bolts.  I spread the legs of the rack and cut new spacers out of conduit  to get things to fit.  A small spacer was needed on the outboard side to give room for the nut on the inboard side and then a shorter spacer than what was provided to support the rack.

Jerry

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Re: Luggage rack/pillion seat
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:12:21 AM »
I added the carrier rack with pillion seat and like it very much. The carrier was very straight forward to install. HOWEVER, the seat is another matter. Instructions not included and I wish I could help explain how it fit on but I eventually went to the hardware store and purchased  4 copper plumbing brackets and stainless nuts and bolts. A pair for each bracket. Took the cover off, drilled through the padding and through the base. reattached the cover and then bolted the seat to the carrier before reinstalling the carrier to the bike.

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
Re: Luggage rack/pillion seat
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 03:14:08 AM »
does any one have pics of how they mounted it to a C5 military?
Signature