Menu

Members Rides

2010 Electra

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 05:23:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lower brake pedal now.  (Read 167 times)

potboiler

• Neophyte
Lower brake pedal now.
« on: September 12, 2013, 04:30:14 AM »
I did'nt like the way the foot brake contacts the exhaust pipe and also that it was higher than the footrest and obstructed my foot. I've now fitted a simple stop behind the brake- spindle-arm on the left side of the bike. It's just a short piece of copper water pipe bolted onto the redundant boss on the frame (see photos). My foot can now sit comfortably on the footrest.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • There Are No Truths Outside The Gates of Eden
Re: Lower brake pedal now.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 07:27:10 AM »
I did'nt like the way the foot brake contacts the exhaust pipe and also that it was higher than the footrest and obstructed my foot. I've now fitted a simple stop behind the brake- spindle-arm on the left side of the bike. It's just a short piece of copper water pipe bolted onto the redundant boss on the frame (see photos). My foot can now sit comfortably on the footrest.

I can't understand exactly what this mod does.

My pedal also was too high & in my way & didn't feel right when I first got my '08 Classic. I used the bike's own up/down pedal adjuster mechanism to move the pedal down to that perfect position.
2008 RE AVL Classic
1977 Shovelhead Hardtail Bobber

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »
        I can't understand exactly what this mod does.

My pedal also was too high & in my way & didn't feel right when I first got my '08 Classic. I used the bike's own up/down pedal adjuster mechanism to move the pedal down to that perfect position.

+1.  The bikes come with adjusters.  Someone's invented a fix where there was no problem.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 11:39:19 AM »
There is a bolt below the brake light switch that can be adjusted to raise and lower the brake pedal. Works great.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com