HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Apache 2

in
Members Rides

53 Guests, 3 Users
rvcycleguy, ace.cafe, Guaire
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 07:03:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I'd Like to have an aluminum tappet cover plate with cooling fins...  (Read 3598 times)

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Re: I'd Like to have an aluminum tappet cover plate with cooling fins...
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2013, 12:43:40 AM »
Hi Brandon, I would imagine that they would sell well at the price I paid, & might even turn into a nice sideline for your pop. I suggest you have him join the forum, & contact me, so I can send him my photos to use in his enterprise. He could then deal with clients directly.
  VERY HAPPY WITH MINE & Thanks Again!
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

b.sheets

• Bulleteer
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2013, 12:51:19 AM »
Craig, great idea! We are currently trying to get his 87' Virago up and running which is the motivation to make a few more if there is interest. It's difficult for me to help with his bike being 12 hours apart but did what I could when I was home on leave and I sent him a clymer manual and that has helped alot.

I hate to say it, I don't even think my dad would know his way around the forum, haha. I'll have to set him up a profile and see if he ever logs on. If you'd like his email feel free to PM me and I can give it to you, I'm sure he would love to see some pictures. I talked to him on the phone today and told him the "master machinist" line and he just laughed and said "after more than 30 years I'd hope so". He's been doing this work ever since he graduated from high school.
We are both glad that you are happy Craig.
-Brandon
2012 C5 Special(SOLD)
2013 Triumph Thruxton

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2013, 02:08:39 AM »
I'm interested, but without digging through the previous 60+ posts... what was the price?

Or perhaps more appropriately, what would the price be for one from a second run?

b.sheets

• Bulleteer
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2013, 04:00:22 AM »
Hey Mattz, I'll PM you.
2012 C5 Special(SOLD)
2013 Triumph Thruxton