HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

triumph

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2014, 02:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bearing sources?  (Read 217 times)

cstorckiii

• Scooter
  • In tune with the ancient line of Moto
Re: Bearing sources?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 11:20:02 PM »
Which brings us back to pitch rocks. They are the CMW/Nfield Gear of GB & Western Europe, and will sell factory parts direct to public in the event one is too far from, or has an "iffy" dealer. If my near by dealer hadn't closed up shop shortly after I bought my bike, I'd have gone to them for everything.
With a 500cc Bullet under your ass, the world is in your fist.

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 02:00:20 AM »
We do not list most of our OEM parts in the catalog. If it is an AVL or Iron Barrel give us a call, if it is a UCE you can get them from your dealer.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 02:52:05 PM »
There are warnings for counterfeit bearings from major brand companies. The fake ones may be hard to distinguish from originals.

A bearing has so many parts, each made carefully and polished - outer ring race, inner ring race, balls, cage, grease, seals .....  How can Fake companies make all these individual parts, polish them, hire people to put together a working unit which is pretty close to originals (albeit poor quality) and sell them for such a low price and still make money ?

Making a fake of something that does not require so many parts / machinery is understandable than making fake bearings. Though even fake Nike & Adidas sneakers which require lots of parts and steps have been caught from time to time ! 

There was also news of fake 'Bose' speaker packaged just like original ! One cannot tell the difference. 

Nachi bearings manufacturing, pretty extensive processing, what it really takes to make one -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOysbd2ZMxE

On a side note a small bearing assembly by hand video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsGh0wbJWtQ

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:03:16 PM by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5