HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My bike

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 02:11:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RE "Drifter" Jacket  (Read 916 times)

Magoo

• Scooter
RE "Drifter" Jacket
« on: November 15, 2013, 06:43:52 AM »
Hi all.
Trying to get hold of the RE Leather jacket in the Drifter style.
Not having much joy on Indian sites as they simply direct me back to the Royalenfield.com address which does show the jackets but doesnt say price or and although there's a search function as to where to get the damn things from, they're not very helpful either. Much less luck on Australian sites too.
Any online stores that anyone knows of?
Help appreciated

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Re: RE "Drifter" Jacket
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »
Did you try calling NField Gear and ask why they don't carry them? It is a bit scary though when RE's web site gives them a big 2-1/2 star rating. NFG may not carry them because they are just too crappy. However, if they are cheap enough...
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Magoo

• Scooter
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 11:04:07 PM »
Thanks Bare.
Wasn't aware of the crap rating!!
Methinks I'll pass.
Cheers for the heads up

350CC.com

• Neophyte
  • Sunday = Ride + Beer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 04:21:17 AM »
Did you try calling NField Gear and ask why they don't carry them? It is a bit scary though when RE's web site gives them a big 2-1/2 star rating. NFG may not carry them because they are just too crappy. However, if they are cheap enough...
Bare

@barenekd , did you read the comment as well? most of the posts there asking for the price of the products and rating a 1/5!!??!! isn't that pretty disgusting?

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
It's hard to know, but I don't have any confidence in most of those reviews.  Almost all the reviews of all the jackets are one star for every atribute, with comments consisting mostly of random single words or even random non words, like "kvkgkj".  The ones where the reviewer actually made coherent statements about the items are hopefully a more accurate indicator.

I still would never buy one, though, at any price, unless I could try it on first - I've been burned too many times by jackets that don't fit my apparently thin body size and freakish long arms...

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 11:57:09 PM »
The gear that I have seen and handled personally is really nice, really nice. At present the US sizing is not worked out so we have not brought it here. When it does come it will be the right sizing. I also have no idea about pricing yet. If you order from out of the country at present I can tell you with 100% certainty it will not fit. Reminds me of the last T-Shirts we purchased from a small vendor in  India which caused us to have a "Three Sizes Too Small" sale. LOL
The people who are doing the clothes are very sophisticated and sell all over the world so we are not at all worried that when we start to carry them they will be right.

eatworksleepdie

• Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
I guess it's good to know that it's a possibility to eventually get the drifter jacket. I've been doing the same thing; Searching for somewhere to sell me the Drifter jacket, so hopefully something will work out for a US purchase.

qasamm

• Neophyte
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 02:33:10 AM »
I too am looking for a seller of these jackets.

Sam
Sam Mancuso
2000 Classic Bullet Military

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 02:59:51 AM »
We hope to have inventory in our dealers stores in September, If you want something I suggest you call your dealer now as they are just putting in orders.