HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Anoder picture.

in
Members Rides

43 Guests, 1 User
RGT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 08:54:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another Enfield Revived?  (Read 78 times)

RatCat

• Neophyte
Another Enfield Revived?
« on: October 14, 2014, 04:14:39 PM »
A good friend who is terminally ill has asked me to bring his Enfield back to life after many years of storage.  The bike will run but requires a little attention.  I do have a service manual.

Bike serial numbers are " G253--- " and " E116--- ".  The last three digits match at all locations.  Both numbers are displayed at the steering neck and on the engine.  Any hints as to year, history of the machine?  It was imported to the US several years ago.  Based on a couple of hours of research, I'm guessing it is a mid-60's Bullet 350.  The bike supposedly is currently 500cc.

Will post pics once available.

1.  Any recommendations to source a rear sprocket?  The current sprocket is broken.  I can find complete sprocket/chain kits but not just the rear sprocket.

2.  The foot peg mounts/brackets are broken with pieces missing.  I have been advised that an aluminum clone exists but do not know the source.  Thoughts?

3.  The connecting bellows from the carb to the air box is missing.  Any recommendations as to a replacement?  I do have a couple of pod filters that would work but would prefer to use the OEM air box.

Thanks!

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
Re: Another Enfield Revived?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 04:29:14 PM »
If it was recently imported with a 1960s G2 code and a 500cc engine, Then it is most likely an India rebuild with newer parts on an old frame. This is common to get imports past the regulations.

The rear sprocket is integral with the rear brake drum. The are cast as a single piece. You need a new rear brake drum.

I doubt aluminum footpeg clones will be strong enough. Any footpegs from a 350 or 500 will work. They are cheap.

The bellows for the airbox can be gotten from NField Gear, and probably all the other stuff too.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

Please visit my new website:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AcePerformanceBullets/info