HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

SinglesRide1

in
Members Rides

39 Guests, 6 Users (1 Hidden)
bluesdaddy2, dampking, Mr.Mazza, Dave1, srini
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 09:59:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Safari-Luggage-Cargo-Carriers  (Read 449 times)

Mtraveler

• Neophyte
Safari-Luggage-Cargo-Carriers
« on: December 24, 2013, 02:32:54 AM »
I know this topic has come up before, but thought it might be time for fresh eyes on the problem. In 2010 I toured northern India on a Royal Enfield. As far as I could tell the most popular RE cargo carrier was like the one in the photo. Now, back in the US, I'm the owner of a new B5 and am determined to have a carrier like the one I had in India. It is not available the US. I found a supplier in Chennai who quoted me a price on the rack, but the lead went cold when I asked for shipping charges to the US. If anyone has found a source please post it here. If you are at all interested in a product like this please post. If there is enough interest Nfield might be willing to import a few. 

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Re: Safari-Luggage-Cargo-Carriers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 04:59:30 AM »
You can find it at RoyalEnfieldZone.com.  Search on part REZ-0313.  Or REZ-1692 or 1693

I previously contacted them about it.  They have it with the hard cases (0313) or like your photo with open side for soft bags.  They replied that it costs $200.  Would fit my 2012 C5 without modification.  Can be painted Desert Storm color.  Box dimensions are 16" x 10" x 4.5".  They cannot ship the gasoline containers.

I decided not to buy because boxes are no larger than the ones I've already got.

Cheers,

Dan K.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:03:38 AM by DanKearney »
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Dan Kearney - Black Hawk, Colorado, USA
Royal Enfield Bullet Classic, Yamaha XT225, Ural Gear Up, BMW R100R
http://dansmotorcycleblog.blogspot.com

Mtraveler

• Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 03:30:25 PM »
Dan. Thanks for the information.
Some time ago I found Royal Enfield Zone and contacted them for a quote. They quickly replied with the $200 figure. I followed up a couple of times asking for the shipping charges to the US and received no response.
Update:
I guess the third time is the charm. $140 to ship. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It sure would be nice if a US distributor carried this carrier.

Best
MT

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »
Yes, seems a bit steep for shipping, but the total price still comes out to be less than $400.  The quality of the product is a real unknown at that price, but compare it to what you pay for OEM luggage/racks for other bikes and it's not an unreasonable total.

When I went looking for the old military style hard luggage for my C5 Desert Storm I couldn't find it anywhere.  Those I did find were only for the older iron head military model.  Just by luck I came across the web site of the Canadian RE distributor and found a set there.  He gets them made to order for the UCE C5 in India and resells them here.  I had to pay just over $400 total to get them.

Sometimes you've got to bite the bullet.   :P

Cheers,

Dan K.
Dan Kearney - Black Hawk, Colorado, USA
Royal Enfield Bullet Classic, Yamaha XT225, Ural Gear Up, BMW R100R
http://dansmotorcycleblog.blogspot.com